Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Dial up internet speed 1222

Alot of us here in Pattaya still use dial up internet. I didn't think there would be a difference in ISPs for dial up but the new ISP I now have seems to be much faster. First I was using Asia access but exactly every two hours I would get cut off and the bandwidth was lousy, getting cut off every two hours would force me into redialing and costing me another 3 baht each time so really I was spending alot more with them....Then for the last thirty days I have been using J-I net and it seems they have been getting slower and slower so when my last 15 day card expired I decided to to change ISP again. The new one is great it is called "e-15d" werd but thats the name, I paid a little more for this one but it was well worth it....

I thought that since they all use 1222 access number there wouldn't be any difference but there is, at least that is the way it seems to me. I guess the moral of this story is cheaper isn't always better and it sometimes it pays to experiment around, I am certainly glad I did.

I think what happens is these companies buy a certian amount of bandwidth and when they sell alot of those access cards the subscribers get poor internet service.

Can anyone else comment on some other ISPs out there good or bad. I hate being ripped off. This and other boards can help us get good value.

Thanks

While I was waiting for my Adsl to be connected I used a Dial up package J-I net the speed was Ok for dial up WHEN I could get through busy all the time. Am now very happy with my ADSL provider no disconnects fast connection unlimited use and priced right. when they upgraded I was sent an email letting me know they would be down so the customer service was good also.

Have a neighbor that has a True dialup packege and is VERY slow speed reading of 13Kbs he is very unhappy to say the least. :nod

Edited by Soi7