Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Tycoon Place Serviced Apartment

At the moment in Pattaya, looking for long stay accomodation, we visited SANYA Apts., just for learning that they are already fully booked for wintertime.

They recommended the new TYCOON PLACE serviced Apts., opposite at the other side of South Pattaya road.

I was showed a 2 room Apt. for 18500,- / month and a 1 room Apt. for 8500,- /month for high season.Electricity and water will be extra.

There is a small pool too.

Everything looks clean, nice mobiliar, well worth the price I`d say.

Off we went with a reservation for a top floor studio....

Tycoon Place

497/2 Moo 10 South Pattaya, Soi 9,Pattaya City

Chonburi 20150

Tel/Fax 6638422120-2 /Mobile 01-8109193

Hi StefanH

I heard about this place a couple of weeks ago, and consider it for my holiday in May. Did the studio have balcony, and what about the bathroom, any bathtub? If you have any pictures it would be great.

Marshall

Hi Marshall,

sorry don`t have pics.

From what I have seen, all had balcony, only the 2-room Apt. had a bathtub.

Internet plug in the rooms.

I have booked one of the 2 studios at the top floor,one has seperate kitchen, the other doesnt.

Regards

Stefan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Would appreciate any info on:

the internet connexion - speed, charge, suitable for apple/mac?

size of rooms? well furnished? safe-box in room?

cleaning, laundry et is daily?

how long does it take to walk to walking street?

did they estimate maximum amounts extra for electricity, water?

would really appreciate comments from someone who'se stayed there. I'm looking for somewhere for 2 months starting in may sometime.

Hi,

Would appreciate any info on:

the internet connexion - speed, charge, suitable for apple/mac?

size of rooms? well furnished? safe-box in room?

cleaning, laundry et is daily?

how long does it take to walk to walking street?

did they estimate maximum amounts extra for electricity, water?

would really appreciate comments from someone who'se stayed there. I'm looking for somewhere for 2 months starting in may sometime.

Hi, guys!

I stayed there as well 2 months from mid January to mid March this year.

I had my laptop with me and they provided me with the cable, think the speed was 100 Mb/s, pretty fast and reliant. Use of the Internet was free, you just pay extra for the water and electric. Think I paid a total extra for the 2 months about 3900 baht, minimum for water I think was 250/month. I did use a lot of water , because I did my own laundry! Price for the room per month was 8500 bath, but that was a promotional rate, might be higher now(9000 baht)!?

Size of the rooms were normal average size, furniture sturdy and well appointed, included a small computer table, lots of drawers where you can put your stuff, no inroom safe though, only at reception. Big bathroom with shower and hot & cold water. Big balcony but no chairs. Good security 24 hours, small minimarket, hairsaloon, massage parlour and restaurant all in the reception area. Small pool good for a cooling dip. Friendly management. If you rent by month, rooms where cleaned daily that is floor sweeped and garbage emptied and bed made, bed sheets and towels were changed once a week, but if you insisted you could have them changed more often, for a little tip.

Only negative I have to say about this place is:

There were only 3 cleaning-maidens in the whole place (70+ rooms), so it sometimes took a long time before my room was cleaned, some days I had to wait until 17-18 pm before it was made!

Lighting in the room was not enough, 2 built in spotlights in the hall, but no lights in the ceiling in the main sleeping room over the bed, just a lamp on the bedtable, so it was a bit dark to read at night!

I would certainly recommend this place though, and will stay there again!

It's situated down Soi 9 (South Pattaya rd), also called Soi Weera, in a small and very quiet soi.

Near to the Friendship Supermarket and the markets. There are baht-buses passing by on South Pattaya rd in the daytime , but at night you have to take a taxi or walk.

It's not that far to walk at all, I clocked the time to 15 minutes from hotel to Walking Street, although you will pass through the fresh market that can be quite crowdy, but a good place to pick up some local food when you walk back in the night with your "girlfriend". I have some pictures look at my next posting! Cheers! 2guns plahgat

Edited by plahgat

Hey Marshall

If you stay there in may, will you be so kind to give me a report?

We go to Thailand June 15, and will be there one month.

First 3 or 4 days i stay together with my wife and 2 children (small) and for the rest of the time i stay alone, my wife stay by family.

I see it as a interesting alternative for a expensive hotel in the 1000 bath a day range.

So will you be so kind to tell me about your expressions?

Kindly regards

Niels (i am Danish to) email npe

• 4 months later...

I looked the place over, last Christmas , and they seemed very nice.

I booked the room for 7 nights, from 28th Aug just gone.

However, I checked out after 3 nights, as the place is very cold and inpersonnal.

Also, the place is down a very dark and lonely side road, and I did not feel safe, going out, or coming back at say, 2/3 in the morning.

The say they are serviced apartment, but there is no provision for cooking ( if thats what you want), not even a kettle to make a cup of Tea, or Coffee.

There are places nearer to the night life, for round about the same money.

Just my opinion mind you.

thechairman18

Edited by thechairman18