Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

What's happened to Misty's?

and certainly the drinks are a teensy bit high priced for an out-of-the-way gogo bar in what is basically a gay area of town.

A sangsom & coke is, at 125 baht, a fucking rip off. It should be at least 20% lower for the area.

Alan

I used to like Misty's when it was open in the afternoon.

Could pop in about 4-5pm as a break from the shopping

My favourite waitress Jin would take care of me, a singha for me and a drink for her straight away, and we would usually select one of the dancers to give drinks to aswell. All very civilised.

Last time, though, was different, no Jin and very few customers.

The Mamasan was yery pushy, immediately wanting a drink for her and for one of the girls, who I did not like.

Then a second girl comes over within 2 minutes and the mamasan is demanding a drink for her aswell, even though I said I would only buy for one of the dancers - before I knew it there were another 3 lady drinks in the check-bin.

Needless to say I finished my drink and walked down to Club Nevada.

As one poster said, could be just at the wrong time, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt next time, but if I do not see Jin immediately, I will walk out, and not be going back

Crobe

Crobe, I don't recall a waitress named Jin. Are you sure you're not thinking of Classroom? They're infamous for tactics like the ones you describe.

No, Jin is an old friend - I just hope I have her name right.

I have gone in Misty's a lot, but I drink, have a laugh and no take-out

Always had a good time up until the last visit, so as I say, I will give them a second chance when I go back next time at Christmas.

In a lot of bars the Mamasan makes or breaks the atmosphere, maybe next time I make sure that the manager Paul is around.

I am just hoping that Misty's is not going down the route of trying to rip off the first time tourists, which seems to be the game plan for the other Soi2 bars.

I take your point about Classroom, only ever go in there if I am already drunk and don't care - attitude is the same in Kittens.

Both notorious bars for trying to maximise the return from the punter within the first 10 minutes and don't care if they never return.

Crobe

Edited by crobe

Hi Crobe,

Her name is Pim, and yes she's a lot of fun. Misty's is not a ripoff joint, so I hope you'll have a better experience on your return. A year ago there was a different mamasan who was a real pain in the ass. Joy is much nicer and I'm sure you'll have a good time. PSP is there every night except Sunday -- if you have any concerns just let him know and he'll be happy to sort it out.

Popcorn is the only other gogo bar on that soi worth going into. I would rather shit in a tin can than spend one red satang in any of the "Top Class" bars, and as you point out Classroom and Kittens are a shambles where all kinds of silly buggers goes on unchecked.