Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I stayed there for two nights and it's a good 5 star hotel with all the amenities you'd expect. One thing I lub about the Westin is the heavenly bed and selection of pillows. Good location near Soi cowboy. They mix a good drink at the bar but it's way over priced. When I was the bar there was a couple of unaccompanied Thai women in the bar.

Board member Growler was surprised that a cheap Charley would stay at the Westin when he paid me a visit during my stay. He thought the room was well appointed with quality furniture.

Westin is a nice hotel with a good location. Have stayed there many times over the years. But they are way over the top now pricewise. I have no problem with prices as such since I can afford it. But 3 years ago I could book Westin at around 100-120 USD. NOW they are well over the 200 USD mark! Ridiculous to be honest. So I moved for a couple of years to another good place - and now I am moving on again to yet another place. Unfortunately prices in Bangkok has increased very much over say 3-4 years and I am wondering if everyone can afford it in the future. Or if the Suk area will just totally be invaded by ruskies, arabs etc....

Westin is a nice hotel with a good location. Have stayed there many times over the years. But they are way over the top now pricewise. I have no problem with prices as such since I can afford it. But 3 years ago I could book Westin at around 100-120 USD. NOW they are well over the 200 USD mark! Ridiculous to be honest. So I moved for a couple of years to another good place - and now I am moving on again to yet another place. Unfortunately prices in Bangkok has increased very much over say 3-4 years and I am wondering if everyone can afford it in the future. Or if the Suk area will just totally be invaded by ruskies, arabs etc....

The Westin is a good choice if using Starwood points or Thai Airways ROP airmiles to stay there. It used to come up occasionally on Pricewise for around 50-55 UKP but those days seem to have gone. There are plenty of other well-priced options in the Asoke Skytrain/Sukhumvit subway area.

The Westin was always planned to be a predominantly business hotel with the Sheraton opposite aimed more at the leisure market so it is understandable why the rates have firmed up over the years since it opened.

NOW they are well over the 200 USD mark!

It depends on when you're looking. I've still seen the Westin around $125.

I've stayed here a few times and like it quite a bit. I'm thinking of trying the Plaza Athene as my Starwood choice next time.