Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hotel near Bangkok bus station to Chaiyaphum

Ok here is the story, next trip we will be arriving at Survammi (whatever) about 11 at night and we have to catch a bus to Chaiyaphum the next day or that night.

Now I don't think there are any buses to Chaiyaphum at that time of the night so do any of you gents know any hotels in Bangkok that are near the bus station that goes to Chaiyaphum where we can offload for the night before going to Chaiyaphum?

Any advice much appreciated as always.

Kev

Edited by Kev
Ok here is the story, next trip we will be arriving at Survammi (whatever) about 11 at night and we have to catch a bus to Chaiyaphum the next day or that night.

Now I don't think there are any buses to Chaiyaphum at that time of the night so do any of you gents know any hotels in Bangkok that are near the bus station that goes to Chaiyaphum where we can offload for the night before going to Chaiyaphum?

Any advice much appreciated as always.

Kev

You'd be just as well staying around Sukhumvit or Siam and taking the skytrain to Mo Chit in the morning. A better selection of decent hotels than what you'll find up at Mo Chit/Chatuchak.

I like the Majestic Suites on Sukumvit (s) around the corner from the Nana Hotel. Easy access to the Sky-Train station.

Near Mo Chit/Chatuchak you will find the Sofitel Centara Grand Bangkok Hotel, All Season Gold Orchid Bangkok Hotel, Sena Place Hotel, Elizabeth Hotel and Grand Tower Inn Rama VI Hotel.

Sofitel Centara Grand is ~US$100/night. The other hotels are between US$35-$50/night.

Great advice so far, keep them coming. JohnK will check some of the hotels you mentioned but US$100 is outta my price range.

Tom,

So how long on the sky train from Sukhumvit or Siam to Mo Chit, and does it take you to the bus station or do you then need to get a bus/taxi from Mo Chit to the main bus station as well?

Cheers,

Kev

Great advice so far, keep them coming. JohnK will check some of the hotels you mentioned but US$100 is outta my price range.

Tom,

So how long on the sky train from Sukhumvit or Siam to Mo Chit, and does it take you to the bus station or do you then need to get a bus/taxi from Mo Chit to the main bus station as well?

Cheers,

Kev

Kev,

It is around 15-20 mins from Siam, slightly longer (5 Mins) from lower Sukhumvit. You would need to get a taxi from Mo Chit skytrain to the bus station.