Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Nightmarch - Oct 02, 2008

A Long Time Coming: After leading the round for most of the way, the Boxing Roo Wednesday night quiz league team finally broke through for a series victory in the final game in mid-September. The team used to play as Fawlty Towers when that noshery and boozer was doing business down in Soi 7 (it’s now the site of the Silver Star II ogling den), and, much as they tried, failed to score a series victory. Now, after just three terms under the Boxing Roo banner they’ve recorded a well-deserved win.

On Sunday 5 October the Boxing Roo will, as usual, be one of the places to be for the Australian rugby league grand final. Kick-off is generally about 3:00PM and, as is customary, management will be laying on free nosh at half-time. Uncle Kenny will be pleased to offer any advice regard-ing financial investments on the outcome of the event.

[Night-March]

DRESSED FOR SUCCESS: The Club Oasis chrome pole palace (Soi Buakhow) continues to rate as one of the best in Fun Town: this damsel shows why. (Photo by DAK)

If you happen to be in or around Walking Street, the long-running Roo boozer (next door to the lane leading to the Happy chrome pole palace) will also be showing all the action from ANZ Stadium.

Schoolgirls Are Not Quite Us: On Friday night 3 October the FLB lounge lizard libation room (Walking Street) will be holding a party for a member of its web bored with the hostesses coming to work attired in school uniforms. As I’ve noted previously, the Filipino band is well worth a listen if you happen to be down in that part of town after 9:30PM. Plans are also afoot to slap a few licks of paint around FLB in upcoming weeks as the joint gears up for what everyone hopes will be a better-than-expected high season.

No Room for a Paddy Field: With a half-century of chrome pole palaces scattered the length and breadth of Walking Street and its immediate environs, many operators are being forced to think harder and smarter about how they attract bums on seats. At this stage the year-old Sisterz ogling den is doing quite well with its regular fortnightly promotions, varying between tightlyrun dance contests and other promotions, always on a Thursday night. On 2 October they will hold a Girl’s Gone Wild Party, followed by the postponed Limbo Dance Party on Thursday night 16 October.

Just what punters will expect of a Girl’s Gone Wild knees-up is anybody’s guess. I’m not expecting any unusual props such as a heavily-medicated buffalo wallowing in mud, or a faux paddy field populated by dancing damsels dressed as rustic peasants. I think the ‘wild’ part will more than likely be the end result of an over-indulgence in such alcoholic leg-openers like tequila shots as well as close proximity to adult sexual stimulation devices.

The dance contest held on 18 September proved a winner with the joint busy throughout the night and keeping up its reputation for generally customer-friendly chrome pole molesters. I think they may well be employing the shortest dancer in Fun Town: she’s no taller than a garden gnome, but quite cute in a doll-like way.

When is an ogling den not a chrome pole palace? The answer is simple: when it can’t be viewed from the street and the dancing damsels are attired in more material than an Egyptian mummy. Down on Third Road, opposite the long-established Buffalo beer boozer, is Ingo’s noshery, a place catering for those usually from Nordic climes. After a period of closure for renovations it re-opened and now lays claim to being a nosh-house during the daylight hours and a den of the chrome pole after the sun has set. I have no idea what the food is like but I do know it won’t be setting the town alight with its concept of what constitutes an ogling den. One or two overdressed ladies of dubious virtue do not a chrome pole palace make.

Late Night Vibrancy: It’s no real secret the Coyotee’s ogling den (Soi Marina Plaza, off Walking Street) is a genuinely top-class place to visit, anytime after about 10:00PM. Their 1:00AM until late happy hour with most libations at about 60 baht is proving a real drawcard, but the absolute stars are the numbers and quality of the dancing damsels. Management have aimed at creating a more nightclub than ogling den feel to the vibe and it has succeeded in spades, with the dancers really giving it all. I think shuffling is outlawed. Definitely one of Fun Town’s leading lights.

Pass the Leather: Times are tough for pretty much everyone, not least the hard-pressed Thai landlords of Fun Town. So, what’s the usual trick to pull when times get tough: increase the rent on your long-term and good quality tenants by a modest one hundred percent. The long-established fetish wear manufacturer Boutique Sexy recently moved operations to a site on Third Road, opposite the Buffalo beer boozer, after their Thai landlord decided doubling the rent on their tucked-away shopfront store was the way to make up for losses elsewhere. Perhaps he thought, given the line of goods Boutique Sexy produces -whips, chains, nipple rings, studded cod-pieces, self-flagellation devices- the owners are not only into masochism and self abuse (aren’t we all?) they would also appreciate a little fiscal raping. Not so. The management of Boutique Sexy declined to renew their lease and moved to Third Road. Here they may well obtain a little walk-in trade, possibly from the customers at the Castle fetish den across the road.

Led Zeppelin Would be Proud: A raft of new dancing damsels as well as a hard-core group of usually seductively-dressed freelancers on the busier nights of the week is keeping the stairway to Heaven Above chrome pole den (Soi Diamond) as busy as most other good quality places in Pattaya. There must be about 40 or more crowding into the space on most nights and although a few have been on the books at Heaven Above they could qualify for superannuation, there are plenty of new faces. Music is still of the car alarm variety, yet even that is of far better standard than I can ever remember, and suits the style of the den.

Improving as the Water Levels Rise: It was one of the worst ogling dens in the city at one point but in recent times Wet N Wild (Center Condo, South Pattaya Road) has improved markedly. At least they now have a reasonable number of dancing damsels and many are capable of diving into murky water in search of loose change. The pool at the rear of the den is put to similar use to what used to happen in the long-defunct Freeway den, although the shows aren’t choreographed in any way: it’s just a pure dive for the cash. Good training for any damsels who might be thinking of taking up a lucrative contract diving for abalone or pearls in some exotic South Seas location in the future.

A Genuinely Good Watering Hole: Picture a Monday night in late September away from the fleshpots of Walking Street. How many dens of the chrome pole, or any other venue for that matter, are going to be doing strong business? Not many, but on a lazy Monday night the Club Oasis ogling establishment (corner of Soi Buakhow and Soi Chaiyapoom) was bursting with vibrancy and a ton of life. The music is great, prices for the average libation are spot on, there are upwards of 30-40 dancing damsels -many quite easy on the eye- and by and large they’re a friendly bunch, ever ready to shake a hand or an inflated todger. Consider this: Club Oasis first opened its doors in December 2006, just 22 months ago, and over this period it has managed to become one of the best dens in town, bar none. As of Wednesday 24 September the management began opening at 3:00PM; how much this will impact on the overall dynamic of the place is hard to say, although I suspect it’s likely to be more positive than negative. Another, cosmetic, addition to the den is a neon erection out the front that is big enough to do some serious damage to municipal property were it ever to collapse to the pavement. The sign is so big and can be viewed from a long way away let’s hope wandering Bedouins don’t start thinking they can park their camels in the shade while they go foraging for dates.

Food for a Night Out: Two places I consider well worth putting on a list of nosheries to visit prior to a night of drinking and debauchery (whatever that is) are the long-running Palmers (Pattayaland Soi 2) and Wi’s (Third Road, opposite the X-Zyte head-bangers auditorium).

Palmers is great for English nosh, the fish-and-chips at 160 baht, for example, being great value. The munchery does the odd catering job for dens of the chrome pole, their most recent that I am aware of was for a party at Baby Dolls (Soi 15) in mid-September. Excellent steak-and-kidney pies seem to be a staple from Palmers for these events.

Wi’s used to be called Cherry’s and continues the quality and healthy servings of that highly-recommended venue, which has now moved to larger premises about 50 metres down the road. Most of Cherry’s customers have moved with it to the new place (which is also still serving great nosh), but Wi’s is still well worth a visit.

Piece of (Aging) Pith: Once you’re over 50: There is nothing left to learn the hard way.

From http://www.pattayatoday.net/index.php?acti...ews&id=3643