Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hi all,

I am out over christmas and new year and have been thinking of taking some golf lessons to see if I could get to like the game.

Any info on where to get lessons and what I should be paying would be most welcome.

Cheers

Stoace.  Lessons cost usually 600 Baht per hour given by a professional.  

I thoroughly recommend Richard Livingstone who is an excellent teacher.  HE is 60 and is patient and understanding.  He is also a full PGA approved teacher.  BEst way to get in touch with him is to turn up at The Haven on Soi 13 at about 17:00 hours on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday and ask for him as he is nearly always there presenting the prizes for the IPGC matches.

Hope to maybe see you over christmas then matey.  Have a good flight over.  Why not start some preliminary lessons over where you live (UK or USA maybe) so when you get here you can com eout and play some golf as well as having lessons ??

Thanks for the info Ray.

Won't have a chance for lessons over here due to work but have got 3 weeks out there to practice.  I arrive on the 16th Dec hope to catch you around.

If Ray's man doesn't work out, there's a young Brit name Ian who teaches out of a driving range using video up toward Jomtien. The guys from Lewinskis and Sugar Shack (Soi Pattayaland 1) speak well of him. Drop by Lewinskis around 4 pm and ask the lads.

Stoace - I'm a newbie to golf - have had a few games and love the game - but I'm shite. One of my goals while I'm in Pattaya is to improve my golf game (among other things). If you want a golf partner when you are in town let me know - I'll be arriving in town December 22nd - Ray, if you don't mind,  I'll ask for you at the FLB - maybe we can play a round or 2. :)

Hi all,

I am out over christmas and new year and have been thinking of taking some golf lessons to see if I could get to like the game.

Any info on where to get lessons and what I should be paying would be most welcome.

Cheers

Hey Stoace...

Too bad I won't be in town while you're there.....I'm a golf pro from Canada. I would have been more than happy to help you out. And I only charge a few beers per hour..... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Maybe another time. Good luck and have a great time!!!

Cheers.......gp [smiley=cheers.gif]

Planetwave, no problem mate. Ask Ben and he will contact me.  I go out to Green Valley 2 or 3 times a week with some expat mates and different visitors who come over so you are welcome mate unless you smell and fart all over the greens and tees like Ben <GGGG>

As to Ian well yes I have heard good reports about him too.  He teaches at the Theprassit Road driving range in Jomtien.  He uses video techniques whilst Richard Livingstone is a classic old school teacher so depends what turns you on as both have their own advantages and disadvantages.  I personally prefer the classic method which you spend more time working on th eswing with the teacher rather than spending 1/4 of the lesson watching the videos of your swing.