Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Just returned from Thailand and landed in Teesside airport after the usual 20 hour trip. I was travelling with Thai wife and son and as usual one suitcase was reserved for Thai produce. This suitcase appeared 10 minutes after all the others and I was not surprised to be pulled over by Customs officers. I was a bit worried about my pirated DVD's some of which were of an adult nature but no these were OK. However be warned don't try to bring in any sausages as they will be conficated and you will receive an official warning. When they let me go my taxi had pissed off!

I suspect that this has a lot to do with Foot and Mouth disease etc and that there will be many kinds of foodstuffs that you will not be allowed to bring into the UK.

Strangely, when in Argentina two years ago, you weren't allowed to take certain food stuffs on internal flights and Customs were confiscating lots of fresh meat etc which Argentinians had bought in Buenos Aires.

Alan

who the f!!k brings sausages back from Thailand??

i just cant believe this [smiley=rotflmao.gif]

Thai sausages, i.e. stuff a TG cannot buy in England or it is too expensive to buy here

Funnily enough I got pulled by customs at LHR 3 weeks ago when I arrived on the EVA Air from BKK.

I was in a suit and carrying a Samsonite case with a rucksack on my back.

A woman in plain clothes stopped me and asked, where have you come from, etc etc etc she asked me how often I went to BKK, I told her only once per year as I needed to build up my power for TGs.

I said," have a look in my case if you want but hurry up as I have a train to catch." she said, "do youknow your duty free limits?" I told her, "yes, i only have 200 cigarettes and no booze", she then let me go!

By the Way, that's all I had, Honest

It is illegal to bring meat, fish, cheese, honey and other animal products into the UK from many countries outside the EU. this includes all procest foods ?just the normal little things we take home ie fish sauce .chilli sauce six bottles could not make her mind up ! it's only me who has to carry the dam bags through customs going clink clonk rattle rattle,oh nearly forgot the 2 x 10 kg Thai rice. ??? ??? ???

i am on there list after getting stopped with 3000 ciggies, due to this i get stopped every time. the thing is that they let me keep the fags as i had been supporting the lads in Japan during world cup!

on a plus note i gave up smoking after they run out as i refused to pay the prices in UK now

Julio  just  curious  did  you  go  through  the  left  hand  channel  at  teeside  or  right  hand  side (as  though  you  had  travelled  from  within  the  eec) .  Only  ask  as  i  am  heading  back  through  teeside  shortly....in 6 years  of  travelling  through  teeside  i  have  never  been  stopped  mind  you  i  always  go  through  the  wrong  channel... ;)

I have never been stopped before and have passed thru' dozens of times. Indeed it is rare even to see anyone on duty. I normally use the right hand exit but on this occasion was stopped almost as soon as the offending suitcase was put on the trolley. I suspect that a sniffer dog had detected the aroma of garlic and spices and the suitcase was set aside while the customs officers were alerted. They ignored the vegetables (aubergines, chillis and tamarind) and enquired as to the bags of white powder (potato flour or something - I'm glad she was with me).

I read in the paper at the weekend some woman was stopped at Gatwick arriving from Zambia with 84kg of meat and fish - she was arrested.

i always travel thru teesside, on my way to los/bkk/pat

even thou i join a connection to amsterdam ,i have not had any probs,

the nearest that customs have been is they called over a fellow traveller to los asked were he had been, asked if he had any cigs ,drink  ,and said on your way.... close shave..

but as for foodstuffs i think its a bad move...

alternatively posting.......thai post by road 8 weeks=14gbp

tnt  up to 10 kilos 45 gbp 4 day delivery,,

another trip looming  roll on........