Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Diamond Beach-quietest rooms

Love staying in the middle of the action. Don't like too much noise. Is the noise irritating at the Diamond Beach or are most people in a drunken blurr and can't hear anyway?

Anybody know which are the quietest rooms at the DB hotel? I realize there will be some noise from the bars, was wondering about the rooms in the back, away from the beach(no beach view) ???  Quiet?  Anybody ever stay in these? What about the suites/delux rooms?

I was thinking of a few nights at the diamond but like you a bit concerned about the noise level.Probably best to check it out for one night and see how it goes.

However i just read this very recent report which certainly puts me off this place.

Sunny Valentine' review on 6-sep-2003

Price Paid - 1050 (Suite)

It is a dump. My room (and I checked out two more before settling in the Suite) had old inadequate Furniture the Carpet was dirty had a sticky feeling to it. The room smelled strange on both Airconditions (loud!) was only one knob left so you could either regulate the speed or turn it off and on ..... No Lights at Bedside the general light situation was uncomfortable: either too bright or too dark everywhere. I left after two nights will never stay again there.

Pros - Location

Cons - Everything Else.

Rating - 1 - horrible (out of 10)

I stayed at the Diamond beach last year. Well I can tell you it is no Diamond and checked out after 2 nights to go to RG. Musky small rooms that even the girls complained about.

• 2 weeks later...
they knocked at my door at  3am looking for 200baht  for a local 3 minute phone call.first night in the place also my last!

Local call Bt5 plus perhaps Bt1 or 2 surcharge.

If any fucka comes a knockin' on my door at 3am, they better have a fookin' good excuse.