Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Special rate offered to Nanapongers for BKK5 star

Looking to stay somewhere exciting next time in BKK.

email gpesa@presidentpark.com. and tell her/him that its the nanapong special rate of 2450 baht per night incl taxes and service charges. Only valid until 30 April.

I am currently trying to get 3 nights for this weekend. DVD player and Plasma Tv as well as high speed internet.

to look at the property check this asiatravel link out

http://www.asiatravel.com/thailand/preside...aire/index.html

I agree that the GP is the best place to stay in BKK.  That price is much to high still.  Using the TSM discount, (Just say you are a member), I just had a one bedroom suite for a week for 13970 baht.  If I had wanted a studio that was in the 9000 range.  

I just returned from 2 weeks at Solitare.

My observations....GET THE QUOTE IN WRITING!

I obtained the B2450 per night (over the phone) which was a total hassle. After 5 phone calls they finally agreed to the B2450 rate per night and I thought all was fine. NOT, when checking out I was presented a bill with the B2450 per night plus 10% service charges etc. Would not have been a big deal on a 2-3 night stay, but 14 nights added up to quite a bit. When trying to explain, of course all I got was the blank stares and "cannot"! I said call Khun Kwan, "cannot"! I said look at the rate quoted on the web site, "cannot"! cannot,cannot, cannot was total B***SHI* trying to check out.

Having said that, if you can get the rate guaranteed in writing the place is absolutely wonderful. Rooms are all new, 42" plasma TV is great, maids are beutiful, smile all the time cleaning the rooms, security GREAT, food and room service excellent. Location a bit of a pain in the heat of the day or when raining but taxi's run right outside (careful of the mafia taxi in front).

Lastly on the high speed internet service, my laptop does not have a LAN card so they rented me a wireless card at B150 per day, came to my room and got it all up and running and it was actually slower then using dial-up access. So if you don't have a LAN card get one or use dial-up is my suggestion.

I return to LOS next month and will not be staying at Solitare again or any other President property (I stayed at GP for 2 weeks also) Same hassles on trying to book rates and billing problems when checking out. I normally stay at Centre Pointe and wanted to try something new this trip.....Back to Centre Pointe for me. In my 6 trips and probably 120 nights at Centre Pointe over the last 2 years I have never encoutered "CANNOT" only "yes sir, yes we can, yes we will", and the billing has never been off by a single satang!

carcareers

Have you noticed how the Centrepoint rates have shot up? As a regular do they give you favourable prices?

I rented the 2 bedroom  183 sq. m. apartment at Silom for 4200 per night. The next year it was around 8000! Now I think it's around 7000. This is all between 14 months. Ludicrous?

BTW is the accommodation at the Solitaire for 2450 a one room apartment?

Also, if I recall correctly, there was a special weekly rate of about 15900 all inclusive.

Is this the rate you paid or did you pay the daily price?

My room at the Solitare was just a large room not an apartment. It was large with a nice sitting area, sofa and desk, small kitchen area, fridge, stove, plates and silverware. Bathroom was large with seperate tub and shower. I paid the B2450 per night PLUS the 10% "Service Charge".

The "deal" was supposed to be B2450 inclusive of service charge or B15,900 per week inclusive.

I was charged B2450 X 14 nights PLUS B245 per night service charge. Basically they ripped me for an additional B375 per night. Same exact scenario happened at Grand President stay for 2 weeks. Both times it was at checkout in the early AM when I beleive they know you have no recourse. By the way, the afternoon before checking out of Solitare I went to the front desk and asked for a complete copy of my bill, waited 30 minutes with no results and was told they would slip a copy under my door before the night was over which never happened.

Just a suggestion.  I always make my reservation with the President properties (Have stayed there 20 or more times) via email and ask (and get) a confirmation stating that the price includes all taxes etc and is the net rate including one breakfast!  Once I did have to pull it out when checking out and they immediately made a copy and adjusted my bill.  Hope this helps.

carcareers

That's disgusting. In fact, I make it 424 baht per night they ripped you off for.

The special weekly rate is 15900. For two weeks 31800. Divided by 14 is 2271. They charged 2695 per night. That's a difference of 424 baht per night.

They are not a charity. It should be up to you what you do with that $10 nightly.

I would write to the email address and get a deal out of them.

Either complimentary nights(unlikely) or at least allowance for you to book at the 15900 weekly price at a date of your choosing and a possible upgrade.

Also, send a PM to the guy who posted the deal on Nanapong. Maybe he can have a word.

You're math is certainly better than mine, only now i'm even more bummed....lol.

I am back in the states now and just not worth my time trying to deal with the GP people ever again. They acted like an upstairs Patpong bar...who cares if he ever comes back, lets steal all we can tonight.

Good luck to anyone else staying at GP properties.

IM checked in here nicely at Solataire. On my registration papers, had 2450 incl service taxes. So we'll see when I check out on Tuesday.

Still like the Omni (and their price) but the Solitaire has highspeed internet (free??? dunno yet) and large plasma tv and dvd player.

I am thinking about staying at Centre Point as I like their prices and the fact that they have in-room Internet access.  I would enjoy hearing more about Centre Point from those that have stayed there.  Also, they claim their Internet connection is 284 up and 284 down--is that about right?  Also, which one of the Centre Point apartments would you recommend as best?

• 3 weeks later...

For those interested in a reasonably priced 5 star hotel in BKK, trying using priceline.com.  I am staying at the Westin Grande Hotel in BKK for six nights for only $55.00 a night not including taxes or VAT.  

Just a suggestion.