Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Tickets and Reconfirming Flights ?

I booked China Air next month through Gazelle Travel & instead of your normal airline ticket I recieved 4 boarding cards , 1 for each leg of the journey but without any seat nos on them . Is this normal ? Do I get a normal boarding card with a seat number when I check in ?

Do I have to confirm my flight b4 I leave UK & again b4 I leave Thailand ?

Cheers ,

Derek

Are you sure they are boarding cards? Could they simply be a sturdier form of ticket?

Second question; No and yes, 72 hours before, to be safe.

I don't though. Depends on who you are flying with. Check with the airline.

I recently had tickets made of card with tear off boarding card stubs. On checking in the Eva Air staff took the whole ticket and gave me a new boarding card of the usual type.

As for re-comfirming flights, I always do it, as I have a Thai mobile. It's not strictly necessary but I can book my seat number which is why I do it. I confirm my outbound flight for the same reason

Stevoh.

Turbo.

What you have are new type tickets, not boarding cards. Just hand the first two in at the check-inn  desk.

As for reconfirming flights, you should always do this whether on a package deal or a do-it-yourself flight.

Its usually one of the first things I do after arriving at my Thai hotel. You can do it yourself but its generally easier to get the travel booth in your hotel to do it or any travel shop. They will charge something like 50-100 Baht.

In 25 years of travelling to the far east Ive seen 3 people bumped off flights for not reconfirming, the last being this year in February at Jakarta.

It usually only happens at very busy times but it does happen and if you have spent all your money it can be a tad embarrassing.

My custom is to arrive at Bangkok airport, change up £100, put 500Baht into passport for airport tax on departure. Get taxi to Hotel and check inn.  After dumping stuff in room go to Beaureax de change and get money, from there to travel shop to reconfirm flight, then back to Hotel to dump money, passport and air ticket into Safety box. Its become a routine now.

Stevoh

A couple of questions

How early can you reconfirm a flight ? I am staying in LOS for eight weeks.Maybe a little early to reconfirm on arrival  LOL

I'm flying with Eva -Air.Is the reconfirmation required on the outward flight from Heathrow ? If you have got the contact numbers for Eva at heathrow and Bangkok it would help me as i can't seem to find them on their website.

thanks

Bazz

Bazz - I don't know the earliest. The Eva reservation clerk in London allocated me seats for both flights & told me that as long as I turned up for the outward flight there was no need to reconfirm the return. However I didn't use the seat prebooked, I upgraded using my FF miles so was advised in LHR to re-confirm 72 hours before the return flight.

I have a gold card you may not be able to prebook seats without one.

Eva Air Reservations in London is on 0207 3808300 and in BKK 02 2400890.

Stevoh.

Its pretty pointless trying to reconfim your flight more than 2 weeks in advance as they will probably not know of any problems with timings etc.

Also some airlines like Gulfair wont allow you to reconfirm  untill 3 weeks in advance max