Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

excess baggage charges/solutions??

Hi Gang,

i am attempting to book a flight out to LOS from UK around the 23rd August, availability not an issue as such as neither is the ticket price!

But here is the dilemma:

I usually fly emirates! and the double air miles offer when booking online direct with them is great! however i am needing to take quite a lot of excess baggage as i am going to be staying over there apart from a very quick trip back here at Christmas!

on enquiring i have been informed by Emirates that even pre booked excess baggage is charged at the rate of £25.00 per kilo! ;)

Does anyone have any idea of an airline that services UK to Thailand routes prefferably Manchester/Bangkok that may be prepared to be a little flexible on this?

any other suggestions or possible solutions would be gratefully accepted!

Thanks

Dave G

Dave,

As you are now probably aware excess accompanied hold baggage is typically calculated at 1% of the IATA published FIRST CLASS fare per kilo!  :(

I agree that you would be better sending the stuff as unaccompanied freight for two reasons:

1.  It's going to be a damn sight cheaper!  ;D

2.  The customs paperwork will be taken care of.  If you arrive at Don Muang with everything bar the kitchen sink you would be well advised to book a couple of days in Bangkok while you sort out the paperwork.

There is an abundance of freight forwarders based in and around Manchester Airport.  I, personally, would opt for Schenker which I know is a reputable firm with a worldwide presence and offices at both Manchester and Bangkok airports.

A list of agents/forwarders can be found at the link below........the postcodes M17, M40 and M90 indicate they are located in the airport environs.

http://mipsweb.martex.uk.com/bifa/director...town=MANCHESTER

Best of luck ..............  ;)

Regards,

Tom