Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

PATTAYA TRAVEL AGENTS ON THE WEB

DOES ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW OF ANY TRAVEL AGENTS BASED IN PATTAYA,WHO DEAL WITH BOOKING FLIGHTS VIA THE INTERNET?I WILL BE BACK IN FUNTOWN IN SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER AND FANCY A TRIP IN BETWEEN TO THE PHILIPPINES.QUOTES I'VE HAD FROM THE U.K. HAVE BEEN RIDICULOUSLY HIGH,AS MUCH AS £365 BKK-MANILA RTN.I GOT A FRIEND TO GET ME A QUOTE WHEN HE WAS VISITING PATTAYA AND HE TOLD ME I WAS LOOKING AT B8500(£140) IF BOUGHT IN LOS.I WOULD OBVIOUSLY BOOK THE TRIP TO MANILA IN SIAM(AS IT'S £200 CHEAPER),BUT WOULD LIKE TO SORT IT ALL OUT BEFORE I MAKE THE JOURNEY TO BKK.ANY FEEDBACK ON THIS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

THE DRUID :)

The Druid,

I don't know why you specify a Pattaya-based agent rather than Bangkok where all the decent agents are located.  Many of the apparent bargains advertised in LOS must be booked and paid for in-country which means you attending the travel agent with your passport so that they can take a copy as proof of your location.

Booking from UK you can buy a through ticket to Manila with Thai International (approx £745 incl tax) from most of the large agents (Travelbag, Travelmood, Airline Network etc) which allows one stopover in each direction i.e. in Bangkok.  That would appear the easiest option and you acumulate your full airmiles.

Some of the Gulf airlines fly via Bangkok to Manila from their home base (Qatar is certainly one) so I am sure that they will also have decent fares somewhere..... I will have a scout around and message you...

Regards,

Tom

The Druid,

Kuwait Airlines also does a stopover option in Bangkok before continuing to Manila.  The flight costs £464 plus tax and an extra £35 per stopover.  That or the Thai option appear to have quite decent availability during October.

I hope these give you something to go on.

Regards,

Tom

A word of warning about Kuwaiti airlines.

I used them once to go to Bangkok and had a  6 or 7 hour wait in Kuwait City in both directions. They're also strict Muslems so no alcohol on the plane or at the airport.   :o