Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

can anyone recommend a good book?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like true stories or travel  , the best travel book is called  BACKPACKER , could'nt put it down pissed off when i had finished it there should be a film done about it , MR HAPPY by howard marks was also a great read , british x drug dealer , and also 4000 days which was called the DAMAGE DONE by warren fellows , you would'nt even think about taking a tok in thailand after that read , horrible scarey but extremly gripping stuff . im trying to find a good read for my up and coming trip this saturday , see you all there !!!

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoyed "Into Thin Air".  It's about climbing Mt Everest and even if that's not a subject that you think would turn you on, it's still an excellent read.

Any John Grisham book, I think Runaway Jury is one of his best.

For the flight over you can download, "Expert Play in Connect Four" .

• 2 weeks later...

For holiday reading Stephen Leather or John Grisham. Stephen Leathers stuff is getting better with every book. Some of his earlier books were a little contrived but I have just read one about people smuggling & eastern european mafia which was informative & easy to read.

I met Mr. Leather very briefly at Jools on Soi 4 about 6 months ago & he was a thoroughly down-to-earth bloke - no different to 90% of the guys on this board. In a funny way, I am glad I like his books. It's the same when you meet a  footballer..much better if the bloke is a decent person you then tend to defend them on the pitch even when you know they are shite!

Other than that I tend to read non-fiction. Have just finished John Simpsons book about Saddam Hussain. In the book he is not very complimentary to the new US regime and the regular US military (you can understand why to a certain extent but he is normally pretty objective). He has a great deal of respect for the US Marines & Special Forces though. Fox News..now that's another matter!!