Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Why do you think they would be high maintenance ? It just looks like he gets his staff (if it is his bar) to dress in a certain way and apply similar warpaint. They are just selling the same thing in a beer bar there as in Pattaya.

Hi all,just got back from 13 nights at the RG and have nothing but praise for the place 10 out of 10 for everything, and as for being too far off the beaten track never had a problem going to or getting home even with a wobberly left boot.

No it does not run 24hr room service. In fact, the quality of the food is one of the lows concerning the RG. Room service until perhaps 9/10pm ?

But really, it does not make a big difference. You are not there at night and really the only time I missed decent room service was during the day, when hanging around the pool. There is a cafe (decent) just next door and an internet place. At night, you can bring some food with you or buy ingredients and have your girl cook you something up on the stove.

To agree with torrenova, the room service is nothing to write home about, but the breakfast is pretty decent, and reasonably priced... though I am sure you can get cheaper, I am glad to pay the extra 30-40 baht on the morning of a horrid hangover to not have to leave the confines of the hotel.

Also to second torrenova again... there are plenty of other options for food at the RG because of the good size fridge, hot plate, etc. My TG got a couple of kilos of fruit from Big C for us to snack on, along with various candies, etc., which carried us through the night.. not to mention that there is also a Family Mart (convenience store) just down the hill and around the corner (a 2 minute walk) which stays open fairly late. I hope you enjoy!

Randy

ste sorry for the late reply i have been red carded for 10 days i was only in the pool 1 day when it was raining,who was that  :beer  who was snorkling most days about 6pm i thought hed lost some gold? but he was back the next day face mask and snorlel dunno what he was looking for ( i saw no fish) 2guns

Definately no fish there.He was looking in the wrong place methinks. 2guns

A word of warning about the internet joint next door they tried to rip me off big time when i printed some doc's, 10 pages and somehow i was presented with 30 pages and charged 400 baht "you click 3 times you pay" well you can imagine my response, something along the lines of fuck off plenty more internet cafes.

I too have just got back from staying in the RG for 11 nights.

I thought it was first class and it certainly impressed the tg's I brought back. One actually cooked a meal in the kitchen which is more than I would have done!

I also thought all the staff were very friendly and always helpful. The night guard for instance always insisted on seeing me across the road safely. I think he thought I was going to get mown down at night!

Although it is a little way out (10 min walk at most) there was never any problem in getting a "taxi" which always seemed to arrive within a minute or so of leaving the Hotel.

I never used room service but the breakfast was fine and cheap enough.

I will definately be booking the RG for my next visit in Feb. :P