Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I am thinking about staying a few nights at this hotel in september with my gf.

Anyone know if there is still contruction work going on, causing lots of noise ?

(that maybe the reason for the low rates)

Another option might be the Windsor Hotel (not the suites) on Sukhumvit.

Any info on that one ?

Thanks in advance.

This hotel used to get some good write ups (on NP, pong etc. boards) but seems to have fallen from favour of late. I think there are better for around the same price.

No personal reviews I'm afraid as I've not stayed there.

I do think though that the rate on their website http://www.hotelmanhattan.com/ is rather high. A more realistic rate might be around Bt1000 - Bt1200.

Ajax,

I am staying there at present. I am on 4th floor overlooking construction. IMHO it is not a problem though I have to confess I have hearing aids which I take out at night. They seem to knock off around midnight and start again about 7.30. I have not heard my TG complaining about it.

I stayed at the Manhattan for 3 nights in mid-July....cost was 15 quid a night including breakfast.

I was not aware of any noise from construction work etc.in the room I was staying.

Overall,I thought it was good value and a good location for the nightlife on Sukhumvit Road.

Thanks for the info.

Growler, may I ask how much you are paying for your room ?

I saw one website charching 980 baht a night for a double.

Ajax,

You certainly may. I booked with Precision reservations @ US26 per night. Using currency converter this works out at 1075 baht. I would consider it good value for room and good buffet breakfast. Proximity to Asok for Sky Train and new subway system makes it an excellent location.

Only drawback as I see it is fitness centre is dreadful and TV channels are fairly limited. I would imagine most people would not be bothered by these.