Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Boys,

Bit of advice please. I'm coming for 82 days from Nov 1 . I was going to get a 60 day tourist visa, then extend by 30 days once in LOS.

Planned to send off my application about a month before travel.( from UK)

Question is, the visa is apparently only valid for 3 months , so does it matter that this would have expired by the time that I will be 'extending' ? Or is this also extended as part of the deal ?

maybe I'm worrying about nothing .

cheers

I dont know about the UK, but in the USA, I inquired about 120 days, and the gentleman at the Thai/Usa counsulate told me no problem with getting 2 back to back 60 day tourist visas. (a 60 day visa is $25.00)

If you try to extend in LOS, it may cost 2X more than in the UK, if they do it?

you can also try this forum too

It might be that you have 90 days to start the visa from the date of issue or it becomes invalid.

ie.if say the visa was issued on 30 September you would have until the 30th December to start useing it.......valid for 60 days from the date you come to Thailand.

If you are staying for 82 days then you will have to extend for a further month once the 60 days are up....no problem doing this.

Almost certainly during your stay you will have to exit Thailand at least once....most likely a day trip to Cambodia if you are staying in Bangkok or Pattaya.

I say this as I've got a yearly visa and I have to exit Thailand every three months.

Trust this helps and makes sense ??

You can always phone the Royal Thai Consulate in England if you are unsure.They have offices in Hull,Liverpool,Birmingham and London.

Zidane

It might be that you have 90 days to start the visa from the date of issue or it becomes invalid.

ie.if say the visa was issued on 30 September you would have until the 30th December to start useing it.......valid for 60 days from the date you come to Thailand.

If you are staying for 82 days then you will have to extend for a further month once the 60 days are up....no problem doing this.

Almost certainly during your stay you will have to exit Thailand at least once....most likely a day trip to Cambodia if you are staying in Bangkok or Pattaya.

I say this as I've got a yearly visa and I have to exit Thailand every three months.

Trust this helps and makes sense ??

You can always phone the Royal Thai Consulate in England if you are unsure.They have offices in Hull,Liverpool,Birmingham and London.

Zidane

The Visa has a validity of usual 90 days from date of issue, you have to enter Thailand within this 90 days. Once you entered in Thailand, the Visa was stamped, but you can extend it at any Immigration Office for a further 30 days at the cost of 1,900 Baht plus a photo. The 90 days period is in regards to the entry, once you have entered, this is of no interest to the Immigration officer. You will get a stamp with the date until that you are permitted to stay, go to the Immigration office a few days before that to extend it, usually no problem and fast. If you stay 82 days and have a 60 day tourist visa, you will not have to leave the country, just do one extention for 30 days.

Some details can be found here: http://www.imm3.police.go.th/eng/index.html

cheers

cyber

Many thanks Cyber.

This seems to be the concensus, from the majority of differing views that I have read on this and other sites .

I just didn't want to apply for my 60 dayer too early, and then find that even with the 30 day extention, I would be 'out of time' for staying 82 days.

I will apply to Hull 2-3 weeks before my trip and keep everything crossed.

:rolleyes:

Hi Bronto,

Cyber was right. Last trip I got a 60 day visa 2 months before I left for LOS and all was O.K.

The only problem I had was that I decided to go to the Phi. half way through my stay. on my return to LOS my visa could not be used and they give me a 30 day visa. I have since found out that this visa is only valid for one entry into LOS. If you intend the travel outside LOS during you trip you can get a multiple entry visa

I don't know the price of this but will try to find out for you.

If you have to send your passport by post to the embassy I would send it in plenty of time in case anything happens to it in the post. I've sent mine by reg. mail for the last 4 years and got it back within a week, but anything could happen and you might need time to sort it out.

Cheers Doug.

Bronto,

what is your age

If you are over 50 and apply to BIRMINGHAM they will issue you with a catagory O visa 90 days at a cost of £40. Send a SAE and they will return your passport immediatly. This service seems only to work in Birmingham the other offices want all sorts of copy crap.

regards

Griffo