Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

:D

Jomtien fishing park is , in my opinion the best fun to had fresh water fishing locally to Pattaya, although there are numerous fishing opportunities in the local area.

I have caught Mekong to about 15 kilo's there. A much better fight than a big carp and good eating (apparaently)

I am keen on shooting as well and I noticed that at the local gun club, (can't remember the name but its way up out on third road somewhere) they had a lovely little lake and some pleasant looking huts to fish from.

Having spent so many years around Chon Buri and Pattaya I am always out and about doing stuff during the day, but only because I cannot drinkmas much as I used too, and it keeps me out of the bars in the early afternoon, having said that I always sink a few cold ones when I am out fishing! :nod

Hi Russell ,

I think that was this place I went to last year & had a great days fun but I did get badly sunburnt so make sure you apply plenty of sun block .

I'll be in Pattaya again sometime in Feb if you want to meet up for a few hours fishing . As you say , it makes a change from hanging aroung the bars . I'll keep in touch either in this post or via PM .

Derek

Haven't fished seriously for years,but found this website on fishing in Thailand and I think I might well get started again.Jean-Francois Helias has caught some amazing sized fish.

When I watch the local Thais up in Udon, fishing in the lakes they only ever seem to catch and eat tiddlers.It seems there might well be some big ones in there as well!

http://www.anglingthailand.com

• 3 weeks later...

the best place i have fished is pattaya fishing park on sukumvhit road.I caught 4 fish at 16 to 17 kilo in a day :D .One of the lads never been fishing in his life caught a monster weighing 37 kilos after 5 minutes :eyecrazy took him nearly an hour to land it.I was happy with 16 kilo never had a carp like that at home after a few years trying :D

I can't wait. I'll be there first week in April. I''ll try it out. I usually hang out at Shagger Bar, if your fishing fever comes up come by and ask for Russell (papa). Shagger is behind the 7/11 on the corner as you turn on to Jomtein Beach road. :eyecrazy

I have had some good fishing in Jomtien Fishing Park.

Seen some choice sights too , heres one I recall.

The last time I was there , this big German tit was , obviously pissed up, shouting his head off at all and sundry.

He told me that I was not allowed to cast my line anywhere near his float.

Me being me , cast across his line on purpose. He went mental, and started storming towards me in no uncertain fashion.

He forgot there was about 10 metres of water between us, promptly fell in the lake. No one was keen to help the gutbucket out, after about 5 minutes he prised himself out of the lake , walked back towards his rod and cut his head open on the corner of the corrugated roof shelter. Claret everywhere.....

he was quiet for the remainder of his fishing.

:eyecrazy