Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I was recently told in a computer store that most airlines no longer have power outlets available for laptop connections. I hope they were wrong. It's a long flight from here to there. Batteries don't last too long.

I was recently told in a computer store that most airlines no longer have power outlets available for laptop connections. I hope they were wrong. It's a long flight from here to there. Batteries don't last too long.

Some airlines seem to only have them in Business class; Cathay Pacific, I think, falls into that category.

American Airlines has them in coach on most flights although not in every seat (they're marked on the seat maps, though.) Unfortunately AA doesn't fly to LOS, so that only gets you as far as Tokyo.

I just flew Cathay Biz and they have power outlets but you need a converter. Cisco, you can have the one I bought for $29 at sharper image because it doesn't work worth a fuck.

I have seen some airlines that still have some outlets up by the bulkheads and I would check seat maps and/or speak to the airline rep about the locations of these.

Hub

I just flew Cathay Biz and they have power outlets but you need a converter. Cisco, you can have the one I bought for $29 at sharper image because it doesn't work worth a fuck. :D

The plugs on Cathay are standard "Empower" plugs, never seen an airline seat with any other kind _except_ on American which uses car-power-point (aka cigarette ligter) type plugs.

But yeah, $29 adapter is unlikely to work - most laptop ones run around $80-100, Targus makes a good one.