Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Also from the latest "sawadee" April '05 inflight magazine, the new airbus A340-500 which commences BKK-New York direct this month and which I believe will be on the new direct AKL-BKK service here are the facts of the new plane;

Royal silk class, 60 sleeper seats

Premium economy seats, 42 seats in a spacious cabin

Economy class,113 seats enjoy enhanced seating comfort

During this extra long haul flight, sit back and enjoy personal audio- visual programming in all seats that incl 30 movies, a short film and docomentary library, 30 interactive games, more than 110 music channels and airshow flight info all available on demand

• 5 weeks later...

! paid just over $800 including all tax, flying Emirates included 4nights at Classic Place hotel bk (not guest friendy).arrive june 14, booked with Flight Centre

The A340-600 that was to have it`s inaugural flight non stop BKK- ALK on July 18th has now been delayed till November and even that may not happen as there has been a delivery delay.

The nonstop flights will still go ahead but with a twin engine plane the one that flys ALK- SYD.

Time of flight will still be 12hrs 10 mins

The nonstop flights will still go ahead but with a twin engine plane the one that flys ALK- SYD.

Fonz, I might be stupid at times but everytime i have flown AKL-SYD-BKK it has been a jumbo 747-400 or jumbo 700. And they both have 4 x engines.

It appears the direct service Bangkok - Aucklandwill be mon-wed-fri

whilst going via sydney as it is now will reduce from daily status to tue-thu-sat-sun

Auckland - Bangkok direct will be tue-thurs-sat

Auckland - Sydney- Bangkok will now be mon-wed-fri-sun

Floyd,

It appears that Auckland is now getting the crappy MD11 (three engines) for the non-stop flights and Milan is getting the new A340-600 from mid-July. :nod

Tom

1919thai_md11.jpg

It appears the direct service Bangkok - Aucklandwill be mon-wed-fri

whilst going via sydney as it is now will reduce from daily status to tue-thu-sat-sun

Auckland - Bangkok direct will be tue-thurs-sat

Auckland - Sydney- Bangkok will now be mon-wed-fri-sun

And do you know when this is to start? I am on a Thursday direct flight. Thai mentioned the change in plane but promised that it was still a direct flight. Travel is at end of July. Also was told the seating was 2-5-2, which I have never been on before so Im not sure if they are the same plane.

On a side note, seems a few Kiwis are now posting. Any JAFAS posting? If so and keen to meet to swap stories, pics, experiences etc then please do PM me. I know of at least another 2 guys who are keen.

Longy

And do you know when this is to start? I am on a Thursday direct flight. Thai mentioned the change in plane but promised that it was still a direct flight. Travel is at end of July. Also was told the seating was 2-5-2, which I have never been on before so Im not sure if they are the same plane.

On a side note, seems a few Kiwis are now posting. Any JAFAS posting? If so and keen to meet to swap stories, pics, experiences etc then please do PM me. I know of at least another 2 guys who are keen.

Longy

Hey Longy,U know I'm a starter 4 that & I think you will find that U R flying Emerates,the new 747-300 where everyone has their own Tv the seats on this iis 2-5-2.Cheers. :banghead

Floyd.

Yesterday speaking to the Thai Auck. office the lady said it was the plane did the Auk/Syd leg.Didn`t doubt her as I have flown once on said plane.

I have a copy of Aircraft Type wich is a Mc Donnell Douglas /MD11(versionM112)the seat plan is 2 5 2.

First class 10 seats

Exec. class 42 seats

Economy class 233 seats

Cheers.

PS The Thai Air office posted the copy of plane stats./layout to me promptly.

Floyd.

Yesterday speaking to the Thai Auck. office the lady said it was the plane did the Auk/Syd leg.Didn`t doubt her as I have flown once on said plane.

No, the MD11 doesnt go via Sydney but via Brisbane, AKL-SYD only 747-400 and in high season sometimes you get the 777.

No, the MD11 doesnt go via Sydney but via Brisbane, AKL-SYD only 747-400 and in high season sometimes you get the 777.

Hey Floyd,

My mate & I went on this one last trip to Bkk,at the end of the day we all get there.

It's the return journey that really fucking hurts,& does it hurt,Oh how it fucking hurts :cry1 :clap2

O.K this may solve it. Thai told me the direct flight is still on. The planes used for this will be the planes that do the AKL to Brisbane route. These are the ones with the seats 2-5-2 arrangement. I didn't ask what the plane is. No mention was made of different days now doing different routes. Surely they cant change your iteniary once you have the ticket can they? Otherwise I will need to inform taxi,hotel, etc and check in about the changes.

O.K this may solve it. Thai told me the direct flight is still on. The planes used for this will be the planes that do the AKL to Brisbane route. These are the ones with the seats 2-5-2 arrangement. I didn't ask what the plane is. No mention was made of different days now doing different routes. Surely they cant change your iteniary once you have the ticket can they? Otherwise I will need to inform taxi,hotel, etc and check in about the changes.

Hey Longy,

When R U going over :clap2

It doesn't matter if its direct or not, both flights arrive BKK at 10.30pm.

Ian, lucky for you i gotta fly to/from wellington first.

Seem to be getting my cities wrong,butI did fly on a MD 11 from aus to nz on my 1st.trip to BKK 5 yrs ago.

The rest of my post is correct.

This trip flying on the MD11 nonstop to BKK will be departing on a Tues. and returning on a Friday confirmed today, also the seat #of my choice.

I too thought I was flying on the Air bus A360, to Bkk non stop on 15th Sept. from Auck. but after talking to Thai Airways in Auck. today was told it is the Md11 three engined machine, that is being used. :nod

I flew on it from London/Bangkok, and found it less roomier than the 747 but just as speedy. I at least got the seat I wanted, and as long as the "Queen Vic's" coach driver is at Don Muang terminal to pick me up at 10.30pm on the day I'll be happy enough. :nod

Cheers....Ben Boat Jim. <grin