Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Checked out NW today and they have some promo fares for around $900 for May June time frame. Good price if traveling from the east or midwest USA.

There does seem to be one drawback. Apparently their only return flight from BKK leaves at 6:00AM! (At least that's the only one I get on their website for a return to LAX) Who the hell is awake at that hour in LOS?

:eyecrazy :beer

Yes they only have 1 flight a day to Bangkok. Arrives at 11:50pm and leaves at 6:00AM. Not the best times but they do leave and return from home at good times.

OK - at first glance the NW departure time of 6am is crazy. The first time I flew it was a struggle to get back to BKK only to have the last stay ruined because you had to get up early the night before your flight. But you need to approach it the right way(like a true punter)......... On the night you leave.......

- Pack all your stuff (except the condoms) in the afternoon.

- Have a great last Thai meal

- Then go out and hit the bars, say goodbye to all the TG and take that special one back to your hotel say around 11-12PM

- Fuck her real good for about 2 hours (they really try to out do themselves when they know that you selected them to be the final TG of your trip)

- Checkout from the hotel at about 2am, and catch a taxi to the BKK airport (pre arrange it with one of the many 800b taxi stands). I've done it 10 times and they have always been on time - usually 15 min early and are waiting for you.

- Sleep in the cab on the ride to BKK(if you can)

- With no traffic at that time, I usually get to the airport at 3:30-4am.

- Sleep on the plane on the way home!

I really like doing this now, and it really is the one thing you should "plan", if you take this flight. 6AM flights ?? Bring em on .... I know how to handle em.

Zeus

That's probably the way I would do it it I was flying NW. BTW, they are offering some very low fares to Asia on a "cash and miles" deal, where you can use up to 20,000 miles and get a cheap fare. Unfortunately, they do not seem to be including BKK in the promotion. However, Manila is included, (for you AC buffs) or Singapore, where you could probably get a fairly cheap flight to BKK. Unfortunately, the dates don't work out for me, but I'm hoping they will re-offer them in the fall.

There are some good LAX-BKK mid May NW fares out there now -$750 prior to 5/12, $830 after. I'm definately thinking of taking a week (or 2) off and going.

If you can get a good rate on a regular fare, I think it beats the "cash and miles" deal(even if BKK was offered), where you can't earn miles.

Zeus

Edited by Zeus

Your'e probably right about getting the cheap fares, rather than cash and miles, but every time I check the NW website they want $1000-1200 from LAX-BKK. I'm sitting on 24,000 NW miles (not quite enough for a domestic flight) and there's nowhere I want to go in the US, anyway. So I keep hoping NW will offer the cash and miles when I can go. (The soonest I can make another trip will be September.)

I'm leaving tomorrow on China Airlines again. Boy, will I have miles with them now! China's OK, but I don't know what they do to the food, which ranges from mediocre to inedible. They even serve Taiwan Beer, which is apparently Chinese for "Panda Piss!" :grin B)