Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 338 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Hello,

Just booked 2 tickets to Udon Thani in November........what is this airline like....times....planes....etc....!!!!....and Udon...do you think it is worth a visit......well it is with the wife to see the family....!!!!

Cheers...

as above

just the same as easyjet however plane we had from Bkk to Udon Thani had leather type seats (black PVC)

good enough service for the money cute hostesses

watch out for the draw try and sit in the seats that correspond to the flight number

Used AirAsia last year for flights from Bangkok to Chiang Rai.

Booked online from the UK.

Checked in using the printed online confirmation with no problems.

Baggage allowance is small, check the website, but even though we were slightly over, did not get charged extra as many people were travelling with hand luggage only.

The aircraft are Boeing 737-300s, nice cabins with black leather seats.

Refreshments can be purchased onboard at a reasonable price.

Flights were on time both ways.

You should have no problems as they are quite well established now.

Flew AirAsia from Bangkok to Khon Kaen round trip in June. Flew on a B737.with leather seats. Flight crew was okay (much better on the return trip). From what I’ve read PM Toxin is a major stockholder so “no worriesâ€.

Will fly with them in the future.

Bill

Flew AirAsia from Bangkok to Khon Kaen round trip in June. Flew on a B737.with leather seats. Flight crew was okay (much better on the return trip). From what I’ve read PM Toxin is a major stockholder so “no worries”.

Will fly with them in the future.

Bill

Thai AirAsia, the mob that generally flies from/to BKK, is 51% owned by Shin Corp (Thaksin) and 49% by AirAsia which is listed on the KL stock exchange.

I flew with them Bangkok-Phuket and they were pretty much the standard good value, low-cost-carrier experience. The only difference i noticed was that the concept of queues does not seem to apply to the Thais so boarding really is a free-for-all.

Tom

I use AirAsia at least once a month for Domestic flights and they are just like BMI Baby in the UK. Some friends have had delayed flights but no problems for me so far. You will be fine, my only tip is to get the the start of the boarding line that way you can get an exit seat with leg room <laugh

VaioLord

I flew them from Bangkok to Udon back in March. Cost a pittance as I booked early. I've heard from other people they're are a pretty unreliable outfit but the flight went smooth and they were on time for both legs. Surprise came when I checked in and realised there was no seat allocation - you basically sit anywhere that's free. Fortunately for me I was ushered into one of the front seats (unoccupied despite the plane being almost full) by a flight steward. I didn't really get that at the time, f*ck knows maybe he fancied me. Shame it wasn't the stewardess, as she was hot stuff and I spent the whole trip discretely ogling her assets. I may well be going up there again in September and will probably try them again.

I flew them in June. Bkk-Chaingrai

Bkk--CR four hours late to take off

CR--Bkk six hours late to take off.

Otherwise: Perfect flight

Flying with two TG's for a playful weekend, so the four hours lost "up" was especially missed

This coming Jan I will be taking Tiger Air for Singapore - Phuket and then Air Asia Phuket to Bangkok. I'll report back on both when I get back.

Tip- Air asia aircraft are usually parked at a remote stand, so hang back and ignore the fight to get on the bus and get on last, you'll have to stand in the door well, but at least you will be one of the first on the plane.

Stevoh.

I used Air Asia in June between Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok.

The plane left on time from KUL and arrived in our favourite city BKK ahead of schedule.

Ok service and I would definitely use them again because of the low prices they are offering.

Used air asia twice to fly to phuket. Both times fine no problems and no delays. But as someone mentioned watch out for the baggage allowance. As i was staying in phuket for 2 weeks i had to bring my suitcase, no problem from bangkok to phuket but on the way back from phuket at the check in they said my case was 22 kg and the only allow 15kg on there flights and charged me 700baht :cry1 .

But i think they must have been short of a few baht as there were charging everybody that day. 1st time i had seen that. But as i had only paid 499baht each way - mai pen rai!