Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

unbelievable price for December flight. £439

make my own way to bkk from clark via kuala lumpur on asia air

Bkk-Macau-Clark is a promising route with Tiger (hopefully) starting macau-clark at 1.55pm on October 30th - it's on their website now but I forget the price. Time bkk-clark is 7hrs40mins which is quicker than via KL/Sing and hardly longer than Bkk-Manila-taxi to Clark. At the moment Macau Air do macau-clark at 7am (or 12.35 noon on fridays) but that's too early to connect and they charge 8,000b. Bkk-Macau is 3,050b by AirAsia at 10.05am. Or overnight in Macau with a little roulette may appeal.

Has anyone found a December flight for less than £439 with a 5 star airline yet ?

Has anyone found a flight for £439 or under yet????

Bowl of jelly babies for the first to find one and half a twix for the second...........!

:D

:nod

does anyone have advice on best option in doing a trip to pattaya and AC?

i've found 2 options with THG:

Qatar:

man-doha-manilla

make my own way to bkk from clark via kuala lumpur on asia air

bkk-doha-man

cost £590 ish

Thai:

man-london-bkk-manilla

manilla-bkk

bkk-london-man

cost £690 ish

(man-london on bmi)

singapore air is the only one doing direct flight to asia (sin) but connections to manilla/bkk mean very long waits.

both options work out at 6 flights, benefit of thai air are much better flight to bkk (i.e one long flight and nicer service/seats).

these prices are early january so may be cheaper at other times.

anyone done similar or have any other options, i can't make my bloody mind up

Of course there is the option to fly direct to KL from MAN with MH and to do the connections with Air Asia.

MAN - KUL - CRK - KUL - BKK - KL - MAN.

MAN - KUL will cost £500 max. KUL -CRK £50 KUL - BKK £70 maybe less. All return flights of course.

MH is a good airline. Better than Thai for sure.

Edited by valentinoxxx
Paid £403 for a Dec/Jan flight with Etihad. Also received £50 off my next booking because of a travel agent blunder.

Do I win? :D

I think you have a good chance of winning mate :D

Are they a FIVE STAR airline lol

Paid £403 for a Dec/Jan flight with Etihad. Also received £50 off my next booking because of a travel agent blunder.

Do I win? :D

C'mon Val ...... we all know that Etihad is a 3* airline. You'll probably find that they fly biplanes, strap the passengers onto the wings and feed them on halal gruel. :clueless :banghead

Tom

I demand a recount! :beer

I think it's a little unfair to specify a 5* airline, as there are only four;

Cathay Pacific Airways

Malaysia Airlines

Qatar Airways

Singapore Airlines

with Qatar being the cheapest. :D

Etihad are not bad though, as everything is new.

Edited by valentinoxxx

Nae bad...

I'm spending Christmas and NY there and coming back in the second week of Jan.

Qatar have upgraded their product considerably and Etihad are vying to be the top airline in the region.

Qatar, Emirates and Etihad are good.

Gulf, Kuwait and Royal Jordanian are more basic.

I've flown one way with Etihad in Economy. Not bad at all. Seatback TV etc.

Was that a bowl or bag of Jelly Babies? I don't want them to have been tampered with. Proper brand name or el cheapo copy?

Edited by valentinoxxx
Was that a bowl or bag of Jelly Babies? I don't want them to have been tampered with. Proper brand name or el cheapo copy?

Im afraid its a bowl as i have opened them and been scoffing them whilst reading this post and replying.

They are tesco value brand but dont tell anyone!(they will never notice the difference in taste)

If the winner does not want the bowl of jellies they could swap for the half of twix........... but its been in my pocket and melted a bit.(but it still looks like chocolate) :D

:lol:

Edited by farman

I want to fly Qatar from Manchester in January or February (I'm only one flight away from a freebie) but there is nothing available in economy whatsoever (through ebookers, expedia, airline network etc). Surely they can't be fully booked that far ahead, are they delaying putting their tickets on sale? does anyone know if there's a reason??

Lex,

I was told that they are currently migrating their booking system ....... I was looking for economy flights as well for the first week in Feb and, as you rightly say, there was nothing available from the normal agents. However, I got on to THG on Saturday and booked MAN-BKK with Qatar departing on 6 Feb for UKP 489 incl taxes.

THG did say that they expected to get cheaper seats over the next 3-4 weeks but I wanted the tickets in my hand now so that I could arrange my upgrade and make other hotel/flight bookings in LOS as well as confirm my holiday dates at work so I took the price offered and got my confirmation this morning.

The telephone number for THG is 0870 055 0360.

Tom

A few months ago, i trawled the internet for a cheap flight over the Xmas period.

Usually the flights are £800 upwards - pre -christmas and returning January.

The cheapest I could find was £596 with ETIHAD, from London on 21st December till January 10th.

So i'm very satisfied with that price,and i'll be satisfied again in 8 weeks!! :3some

I flew with Etihad last year in September for £299 ,and was pleased.

Best overvall value is definately EMIRATES,but was impressed with Thai airways this May for £365.

Regards

Mike