Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Last time I stayed at the Queen was in '04. It was prety good. I had the larger rooms for a week at 650 baht and then had to move to the smaller 550 baht rooms. The small rooms are small and have only a double bed while the bigger rooms have queen.

The room I had was equipped with a ceiling fan and A/C and that is how I like it. There was a kettle and complimentary coffee for morning. A dvd player was provided in the larger room and they had free movies at the desk. The room was nicely appointed but the bed was a bit hard for my taste but most are in Los. Free internet for email was provided in the bar.

The restaurant was so-so anda bit overpriced if you are a coffee addict like myself butthe Sportsman was just down the street and had better breakfast for less money.

The location was great as it is a short walk to Beach Rd. and an easy stagger back from 2nd Road. Being on Soi 6 everyday there was interesting to say the least.

B)

oyster

I was there in june.

VIc 1 of the owners does a great job running the place,

no hassles at all during my stay.

Drinking wise I prefer the Lord Nelson up the street (same owners).

Only 4/5 of the rooms occupied at the time of my stay,the 2 maids were really good always laughing and joking with me i would always make sure i would bring back ice cream or drinks for them when returning from breakfast. If you have trouble with the stairs request a lower floor, i stayed on the top floor with a balcony overlooking soi 6 B) in a good size room,the only trouble was with the dvd player which blocked any x rated films being played.

The food is good, location great with a back entrance if you do not want to take a ST back through the bar. I like a afternoon ST but I am not to keen on the rooms and showers so staying in the QV allows you to take them back to your own room with the minimum of effort.

There is a mini bus service to/from the airport, but with a taxi stand at the end of the street charging 800/1000 baht I do not see the point in paying the 1600 or whatever they charge,the only time it may be handy is if its your 1st time and do not know where you are going from the airport.

Paid about 750 I think, the only reason I wont stay there the next time is that i intend on doing 4 weeks and for a lot less than 21000 I can get a really good apartment up on soi buckow.

Edited by ranger

Stayed ther in April 2004 for Songkran and had the one of two penthouse rooms on the top floor with the balcony over looking Soi 6.

Nice size room, good service and quit.

The back entrance is good after the front door closes at mid night. You will get a key for the back door and the guard will check you and your girl prior to entering.

Staying again in late Jan 06 for two weeks.

It may not have a pool, but I don't travel 9,000 miles plus to sit in a pool. B)

Have not seen the Lord Nelson as yet, hear it is as good as the Queen Vic.