Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Stayed in Jomtien last month and rode the buses several times a day.

Amazing change from my last visit

The drivers I had to speak to were actually polite and some even friendly!

No offers for going to "boody massah" either.

There was one bus I happened on a few times in the evening where the woman riding shotgun thanked and wished every customer a good evening in very

good english.

Ok a few drove like maniacs and one seemed to have a minor emotional breakdown along the way...but it was Pattaya ..so okay :)

Not once was I gouged on price...paid 10bt for the Jomtien/Pattaya run and 5bt for short trips in town..I did give them 10 for long in town runs from s pat to way past big c not wanting to press it for 13 cents.

On the one long off route run where I had to hire a bus (knowing that it varied from 80bt to 150 for that trip) I told the driver "I pay 100" he answered with

"I charge 110"

I guess a little face saver hehe

No Prollem!....big smiles all around...driver helped load the suitcases ..me and my lady rode in the cab..he even asked if I wanted the air con turned up higher..

all conversation in english...no gossiping in Thai with my lady even

I was tempted to ask about a inflight movie :) but thought the better of it.

Did things change because the city put their own buses on these routes?

Or was it that they were on Ya before and have kicked?

I used to hate being pissed off by these guys on earlier trips on my way to or returning from a fun evening...now no prollem