Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

changing return flight dates on qatar

i have booked a flight to bkk on the 17th june arrive on the 18thjune to return on the 4th july. but i may need to change that date. does any1 know how much the airline wil charge for the change of the return date say 2 days later.

It depends on the ticket booking class. It will range between zero and 50 USD (2,000 baht) payable at the check-in and needs to be done after you have made the outward trip. To change before will be treated as a cancellation and be charged as such. Just give their BKK office a call (02 259 2701-5) after you arrive and the whole process should take less than 5 minutes.

Edited by CheshireTom

I'm flying with Qantas, leaving Heathrow, 26th May, returning 23rd June.

Depending on finances, I may stay much longer :chogdee2

My conditions are that Qantas charge £50, for each change of return date, for which I must call the Bangkok office.

cheshiretom

Are you sure? $50 at the most? If so it'll be a big plus for choosing the airline for me, next time.

cd

carpediem,

That's what I paid in Feb and I was on the cheapest of the cheap tickets.

I'll get the exact conditions for the different booking classes when we are back at work on Sunday and post them here. Fri/Sat is the weekend here and no time off on Easter Sun/Mon. :chogdee2

carpediem,

That's what I paid in Feb and I was on the cheapest of the cheap tickets.

I'll get the exact conditions for the different booking classes when we are back at work on Sunday and post them here. Fri/Sat is the weekend here and no time off on Easter Sun/Mon. :gone

Think of the treble time :clueless

when buying a ticket with any airline check the conditios of the ticket before purchase, some have no permissions to change and some do .i.e. between £50 and £75 to change times outward or inward, inward after arrival in BNK,

cancellations some tickets are no refund some refund 3/4 of cost

cheap flights generally have total restrictions and med price have certain restrictions have a good trip

carpediem,

I spoke to Qatar today and it is generally 0-50 pounds for flights ex-UK but the amount varies , not only between ticket classes but between routes. Also, any change must be to an identical ticket class and within the validity period of the orginal ticket - even if the aircraft is half-empty. Probably best to check with your agent as a ticket that costs, for example, 30 quid more may have less onerous charges/restrictions to change the return date than the cheaper ticket.

tom

thanks for that info. i'll definitely check those alternatives - but for next trip i'm now booked with malysian. qatar had no seats back in august - not in the cheap seats, and i didn't go into the other possibilities. in the cheap seats she said changes would be 100 euros.

wonder if the check-in people at bkk are sometimes lax about collecting these different amounts for different routes etc. anyway it's hypothetical for now.

qatar certainly is competitive on price, and on a previous trip i found their planes and service as good as emirates.

cd

(see you're in bahrain - i spent the 1980s there, but haven't been since.)

carpediem,

(see you're in bahrain - i spent the 1980s there, but haven't been since.)

I'm actually in Qatar which, all things considered, is pretty good and means that LOS is just a 6-7 hour flight away. :D ;) Flight prices from here, however, are enough to make you cry.