Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

pattaya travel agent for intl trips

The airlines penalize us for roundtrip reservations where the return trip is more than 6 months in the future. I used to make reservations from the US to LOS and back, but now I will have to go in the reverse order since I am in LOS most of the time now.

Who has had experience with a travel agent in Pattaya who speaks English and can get me some good fares back home?

• 2 weeks later...

FYI - The various seemingly independent travel agencies located throughout Pattaya are owned by 1 of 2 companies. All of the other "independent" companies get their tickets from either of those 2 companies.

Joy Travel is the largest of the 2 (I can't recall the name of the other at the moment, but it's on the opposite corner from Joy Travel at Pattaya Thai/2nd Road). So, just go to Joy Travel. Or simply ask the agent you go to who owns them. Note that those walkie-talkies on the desks are used for inter-office communication so that they aren't tying up each others phone lines and customer calls can get through (bookmark this rare case of something actually making sense in LOS).

Don't ever let someone tell you there is really a competitive choice when buying your tickets in Pattaya. Just like Coke, 7-UP, Marinda, etc., the Coca-Cola Comany is still getting paid. Go with the office that has the flavor you like.

The airlines penalize us for roundtrip reservations where the return trip is more than 6 months in the future. I used to make reservations from the US to LOS and back, but now I will have to go in the reverse order since I am in LOS most of the time now.

Who has had experience with a travel agent in Pattaya who speaks English and can get me some good fares back home?

I'd suggest "All Season Travel" which many Pattaya locals use...including myself.

Located on South Rd (Pattaya Tai), on the opposite side of the street from Friendship Market. Excellent service, speak English. They also produce the tickets for a number of other travel agents in Pattaya.

Re: R/T's...I use to get R/T tix BKK-USA...with an open return. 1-year open cost an additional $50 and $25 for a 6-month open return. That was a few years back...prices may well have changed.

[]:chogdee2

]Sunny on line travel nice guy Indian helped me out once and was reasonable pricewise

tel 038 370 457 or www.sunnyonline.com

address 179/108 Moo 5 ,Pattaya-Naklua rd, Pattaya City 20250

hope it helps

Edited by rav440

I just called the airlines directly, and had them extend my ticket to 1 year, they said $100 USD but wanted 3800 baht, I scored at the time, because the exchange rate was good.......I saved 250 baht.

That was China Airlines.