Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

What are the best beaches in Pat? Also for kids and with change rooms and WCs

Snorkeling should be also good.

Jomtien has some nice beaches with umbrellas, beer and food available from vendors everywhere, and also has pretty good water compared to Pattaya. I don't know about snorkeling though, as I do not remember seeing anybody doing this there.

You might want to take the ferry to the island Koh Larn for 20 Baht, and a motor bike over the hill to some very nice beaches with the same facilities above.

Much nicer water and very relaxing.

You must be joking I would not swim off the Beaches in Pattaya just about Manage Koh Larn. You can see the Effuliant pipes runing in to the sea would you swim in that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot chaps! It looks that some of the islands by ferry or speed boat will be the choice, right??

Thanks a lot chaps! It looks that some of the islands by ferry or speed boat will be the choice, right??

I think that the only Island that you can go to easily is Koh Larn. 20 Baht by Ferry and about 1500 Baht by charted speedboat. Ferry takes 30-40 minutes, and the beaches are over the hill on the opposite side of the island.

No problem to hire a Moto taxi, as they meet the ferry, and the price includes the return trip.

I also think Jomtien has some nice beaches.

Read about two years ago on a web forum a post quoting the results of a government water quality survey for these beaches.

Surprisingly the water quality at Jomtien was as bad and even worse in some areas

than Pattaya's.

Wish I could recall it in greater detail.

Your family will enjoy an outing to Koh Larn, try not to miss it.

My favorite beach near Pattaya is Hat Dongtan at the end of Jomthien after Pattaya Park. Usually less crowded and with more space between the beach chairs.

Water quality is at it's best during Winter (high season) when the cooler winds blows from the north and from land. During rainy season the moist and hot monsun winds coming from the south creates waves that stirs up the dust and sand in the water and sometimes lots of debri floats ashore,although there are less crowds during low season. You can use the toilets and showers at Pattaya Park free of charge, and for the kids the large pools, waterslides and other rides are quite fun! plahgat

HatDongtan.jpg

I thought the beaches on koh larn were exellent!!

The sea at pattaya beach is a big no no, dont swim in the water there as it is soooooo dirty.

I dont mind sitting in a chair having a few beers and a bit of pok pok on pattaya beach though.........

Jomtien beach is ok, i thought there was a nice breeze on the beach at jomtien.