Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Jetstar Sydney - Phukett

www.jetstar.com has just announced their services from Sydney to Phuket starting 24 November

Jetstar is 100% owned by Qantas

they have a starting sale on at US$275 return approx, (although you will have to buy you own food) etc

Have picked up 2 tickets in November for the misses and me for a weekend

Banjo

i was going to say that. u could fly to bkk from phuket or even singapore-manila with jetstar or whatever budget airline flies phuket-singapore

Jetstar will be flying to BKK too, $319. from sydney. Melbourne - BKK $199. (This may not be the correct price as all other BKK fares from Aus and NZ are in the $300)

Source: Jetstar Newsletter

Better check its not one way

BKK Return $492

Source Flight Centre Newsletter - Flying Jetstar.

Dont know about the Melbourne One - I think it may have been an error in the newsletter.

Phuket Return $358 - Jetstar, same source.

Also Good deals to Ho Chi Min, Bali.

Flights are also available to Bangkok.

I just booked my flight with Jetstar for the period 26 Mar 2007 - 28 Jun 2007.

Prices came to a total of $861.00 Australian Dollars.

Here is a break down of the prices.

Jetstar Base Fares 460.00 (outgoing leg was only 32.00)

1 X Comfort Pack 14.00

1 X Video on Demand: 20.00

1 X Credit & Charge 16.00

Surcharges, Fees, and Taxes 301.00

Other Fees 100.00

Subtotal 861.00

Total Price 861.00

In comparison I booked my Qantas/BA flight for period 10 Dec 2006 - 28 Feb 2007

Prices came to a total of $1549.01 Australian Dollars.

Here is a breakdown of the prices:

Qantas/BA Base Fares 1278.00

Taxes 292.28

Booking Fee 9.90

Discount 31.17

Subtotal 1549.01

Total Price 1549.01

Edited by rightsaid
  • 3 weeks later...
Jetstar will be flying to BKK too, $319. from sydney. Melbourne - BKK $199. (This may not be the correct price as all other BKK fares from Aus and NZ are in the $300)

Source: Jetstar Newsletter

I cannot understand your reference to NZ surely Jetstar are not offering any fares out of say Auckland to Bangkok are they?.If so I have missed them,if only it was true for us poor Kiwis. :chogdee2

Thanks for the reply Tayug!! <grin

Jetstar is a subsidiary of Qantas, Qantas doesent want it "muscling in" on highly profitable Qantas routes so it will fly from places like Christchurch and Avalon (o/s Melbourne) on routes that would be marginal for a full service airlline. so as to make a larger profit for the parent group Qantas.

Remember if flying Jetstar to set aside extra $ for food, pillows and movies. Also check your conditions of flying EXTENSIVELY as they will probably be very restrictive - No date change, no name change on group bookings etc.

But all said and done it is FANTASTIC that their is an airline that does this type of fare, if it is not used it will soon be gone to the dustbin of failed airline routes.

Whoops, me to excited, press send early Sorry!

Jetsar will only be flying from Christchurch at the moment, especially as Qantas wants to make a loss on the Auk - Syd run so as to get their code share agreement with Air NZ through both NZ and Aus regulators, It may later fly from Auckland depends on the outcome of the code share request, flyer demand and the holy $$$$$$$$$$$.

As a Kiwi, how much does it cost on Air NZ link to Christchurh?? Prolly cheaper to go to Christchurh and fly Jetstar Via Aus then any other way.