Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 289 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

How many times do you have to fly to qualify for frequent flyer/loyalty programmes?

More than once a year?

Is it easy to join?

Any advice welcome for a newcomer to the delights of LOS.

Cheers

Al

:chogdee2

as the etihad one is a new one, i dont think we will know until nearer the launch date,

i flew to bangkok last year for the first time and flew thai business, i signed up before i flew to the thai loyalty programme and with the flight got 22000 points, not sure if i will use them or give them to charity as i am flying etihad pearl class this xmas and its a lot cheaper and looks better than thai.

• 2 weeks later...

How to Redeem

Login

Request / Forgot Password

Logout

Join Etihad Guest

Etihad Guest is a loyalty programme like none other — earning and redeeming miles have never been so easy and exciting. With immediate rewards and personalised recognition, it opens up fresh opportunities with every mile. Join now to embark on a rewarding journey.

Click here >>

Join Etihad Guest

Join Etihad Guest

Where I Can Fly

Where I Can Fly

Where I Can Fly

Your Account Details

Log in to view your latest transactions and to check your Etihad Guest Miles status.

Your Account Details

Your Account Details

The Etihad Guest programme rewards and recognises you like no other; and our instant rewards offer you the opportunity to access your benefits straight away.

Spending miles with Etihad Guest is truly unique — by spending as little as one Etihad Guest Mile you can take advantage of discounts or amazing shopping opportunities at our world-class Reward Shop.

Spend as little as one Etihad Guest Mile and enjoy:

• Immediate rewards – with our 1MileRedemption feature, fly once and enjoy instant rewards.

• No blackout periods – GuestSeats are available on all flights, and if a seat is available, you can book it.

• Anytime availability – all seats, including the very last seat, are available at any time. Redeem OpenSeats at a mileage cost equivalent to the commercial price of the seat.

• The widest choice – redeem on flights, products or services using our exclusive Reward Shop.

• Miles plus cash – decide how many miles you want to use and contribute the rest in cash using our Miles+Cash feature and earn miles on the actual cash spent on flights

• Miles that are worth more – one mile can be worth more than in any other programme.

• 1MileRedemption

• GuestSeat and OpenSeat

• Reward Shop

• Miles+Cash

1MileRedemption

Fly once with Etihad Airways and spend as little as one Etihad Guest Mile to take advantage of flight rewards, flight upgrades or amazing shopping opportunities at our world-class Reward Shop.

At Etihad we don't place limits on when you can reward yourself by spending your Etihad Guest Miles

GuestSeat and OpenSeat

Just as the cost of air travel changes depending on the time of year you fly, so too does the value of your Etihad Guest Miles, giving you the flexibility to travel at times to suit you and take advantage of great savings and rewarding benefits.

GuestSeat: Etihad Airways offers the best value for your Etihad Guest Miles with our GuestSeat flight rewards. Book a GuestSeat for the same or less miles than you would normally expect to pay with any other airline programme and enjoy the benefits of regular travel with us – and with no blackout periods.

Look out for our GuestSeat offers each time you book flight redemption and stretch your miles further.

OpenSeat: Enjoy the flexibility of any seat being available when you use your Etihad Guest Miles to redeem an OpenSeat flight reward. With anytime availability, you can use our OpenSeat feature to book any available seat across all of our busy routes using your Etihad Guest Miles, in any Zone, and at a price in miles equivalent to the commercial fare.

Reward Shop

Etihad Guest Miles can be redeemed for much more than flight rewards. From indulgent weekend breaks to a wide choice of shopping, fashion or experiences, we’ve added a touch of luxury to our rewards. Each reward has been selected with you in mind and represents the highest quality from leading brands and suppliers worldwide.

Because our array of rewards and treats is constantly evolving, we’ve developed a state-of-the-art Reward Shop where you can browse – and see just how far your Etihad Guest Miles will take you.

Miles+Cash

Experience how valuable your Etihad Guest Miles can become using a combination of miles and cash to redeem for any reward. And thanks to the dynamic value of your Etihad Guest Miles, using your miles to shop at the Reward Shop will ensure you receive great value every time you make a purchase.

Terms and Conditions Privacy Site Map Etihad Holidays Etihad Crystal Cargo @Copyright 2006 Etihad Airways.All rights reserved

I've just had a look at the mileage accrual and the cost of flights.

Using London to Bangkok as an example a return flight earns under 13,000 miles. It costs 300,000 miles to buy that journey so, thats around 23 flights paid for to earn a freebie. I assume I must be doing something wrong to get these numbers because if its correct it must be one of the shittiest award schemes going.

Checked again and it looks like I messed up the first time. Its only coming up as 150,000 miles to redeem for a return flight from London to Bangkok. So thats 12 paid for flights to earn a free flight although presumably taxes are still payable for the free one.

Still doesn't seem like that much of an offer, rather like most of the others I've looked at. I'm doing 6 or 7 trips to S.E Asia per year at the moment, mainly bangkok but also occasionly Jakarta and Manilla. I prefer flights to be as direct as possible and, so far, I find the best thing to do is wait for the seat sales and other offers and live with the fact that BA/Thai/Cathay/Singapore Air all have crap deals on mileage accrual.