Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Anybody got any recent info on the Dynasty Resort. It looks good on the Dynasty website , just wanted to know if it comes recommended. Also, it doesn't appear to be on a baht bus route , is this right ? If so are baht buses available from the hotel into Pattaya and how much to "charter" one.

Thanks for any info,

Dode

I stayed there about 4 years back and at the time it was great, no complaints about the hotel itself. The location is not on a baht bus route though so getting in and out of town was a chore. As I seem to remember they had a hotel baht bus that would run you into town at a designated time each night (I forget what time). You could also always walk about 50 meters to the junction road and get a baht bus into town whenever you wanted, but it was a taxi and a negotiated price each time (the same as when you return). Being so long ago I can’t remember how much baht is was (50 or 100 I am guessing).

I seem to remember doing two trips into town a day, once in daylight doing the shopping, massage, beach daytime stuff and then coming home to change and go out for the night.

Its not convenient for frequent retreats back to the room, but out of the way so it was nice and quiet, a great place to relax. Depends what your looking for.

Gren

Grendel's assessment is right.

I, too, used to stay at the Dynasty 4-5 years back, but moved to hotels in town. Getting to town is not very convenient, in the sense that NO baht bus route is near and you have to negotiate price with the pickups.

If you have a steady, and just want to hang out, then it is a great place. Not too expensive and with nice rooms. The ocean is a few minutes away and, if I remember right, there are a few shops nearby too.

But if you prefer to get into town frequently, then it is a poor choice - something on a baht bus route is best in that case, or within walking distance of the action.

However, this may all be moot. Who knows what will happen once the army takes over?

Hi, stayed there about 3 yrs ago and found it great, nice room, tv, pool, and a made to order breakfast included in the price. Plus, free transport from their facility in BKK by minibus. Agree with others here about not that convenient transport to downtown and back but adequate enough. Idea for an old fart like me as very quiet, just took their free shuttle in the early evening to downtown to eat, look around a little, pull one of those great gals out from their "worksite", and head back to the hotel for a relaxing and enjoyable night. What more can one ask for. Regards to all and have fun. Old Bud

Thanks for the info guys. Thought as much about the transport situation into town but handy to know it has it's own evening minibus.

As no one mention it, I assume there is no joiner fee ?

Dode

The hotel provides free transport into town at 10 , 2 , 4 and 8PM. Other times you can take a short walk to the main road where many bahtbusses are waiting or you can hire the hotel bahtbus if it's there for about 80 baht. Return is by hired bahtbus only , about 60-80 baht . Almost all bahtbus drivers know this place now and I found getting to town and back very easy and I much appreciated the peace and quiet and nice big pool.