Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I have a Nokia N73 that’s frozen on me a few times and now it won’t open to the working screen.

When I turn it on it goes as far as the white screen with the word Nokia then freezes, and that’s it.

I have to remove the battery to turn it off as it won’t respond to any keys or the on/off key.

I know there are zillions of repair stalls in Tukcom but which ones are the good ones, that I don’t know.

Can anyone recommend a decent mobile phone repair shop to me?

You can fix it yourself by updating the Firmware:

http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4226014

You'll need the appropriate cable(cost around 250 baht).

I highly recommend you back up your data on your N73 before starting. Usually I ignore these warnings but trust me, the firmware update erases ALL your data and settings that includes contacts, calendars, settings, *everything*. In essence it is like a factory restore with newer firmware.

Have you downloaded any desktop screens lately? I have the N71 and decided to change the screen to something different than what was offered on the phone.

I had the same freeze that you refer to so I reset to mfg settings and started over. Chose a different download and everythings been working fine now for the last year.

Some downloads are not compatable for whatever reason.

Might be worth a try before the shop keeper charges you money to do it for you.

Edited by bizzjet

I took my nokia n95 to Dr.Phone in the big C, upstairs and at the back of the phone repair area.It was soaking wet with seawater.It cost 1000 baht and came back like new.He says he can fix any phone at

a good price.Look for the guy wearing a surgical mask thats him.

Thanks for help and advice.

As yet I’ve done nothing but will have a go his coming weekend.

Valentinoxxx

I have the cable you mentioned and Nokia pc suite on my computer which I’ll use to back up my data.

Bizzjet

I only use photos taken by myself on the screen.

If all else fails it looks like a trip to Dr phone in Big C

I’ll keep you informed of what if anything happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Nokia N73

I tried the firmware suggestion but I’m still having problems with the mobile freezing at the same place which is the screen with the Nokia wording just before it goes into the intro sound with the clasping hands.

Sometimes (but not often) it will open up to the working screen but after a period of time it freezes up again.

Big C and ‘Dr Phone’ is my next stop.

Thanks for help and info.

Just as a matter of interest can a Nokia N73 be unlocked , I know it can but you need a code anyone know it, I am with 3 in ther UK and they are shite , Thanks

Yes it can be unlocked and yes 3 are shite.I'll stay with 3 till the end of my contract, no longer.