Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Visa Waiver Entry down to 15 days

I read on TV that the entry stamp (visa waiver) available at land border posts has been reduced to 15 days, except Malaysian citizens, airports remain 30 days. Strong stuff? :bigsmile:

I guess they particularly want the Visa Waiver to be for tourists who are in LOS for a few weeks. (The 90 days in 180 rule will probably go, as it is complicated to administer, particular at border crossings.) This is not very good news for the visa run companies! I think that is what they want to cut back on, people are still living here long term by a mix of tourist visas and 30 day waivers . No doubt our resident experts will be going into details at one of the Expat club meetings soon. Every time the rules change, they come up with a lucrative circumvention.

The answer's simple. If yuo want to stay for more than 30 days, GET A FUCKING VISA before arriving.

I think the Thai government are trying to piss off those cunts who abuse the system and work here without the appropriate visa and work permit. I would have no hesitation in deporting them and banning them from ever returning.

Alan

Well if u want to stay long then 30 day and can stay like 15 months or longger just then

do Education visa(ED-VISA)

Some of the immediate benefits of an ED-VISA are:

- Obtaining a Thai Drivers License

- Medical Insurance

- 100% approval

- Easy to maintain visa status

- And very low cost to obtain!

for more information contact tina@tlslanguageschool.com or call Chris 081-755-1958 , Tewi 081-171-9265

:allright :D :D

The ed visa is a consideration for me at 46. I usually went on 6 month tourist visas, but the new rules are inconvenient as usual. Every time I formulate a plan the goal posts move. I had been thinking that to save me flying to the uk every 15 months after a tourist visa expired, at the cost of about £1500 to £2000, I could stay in cambo and stay every second month in los. I was going to fly in to los anyway, but its just that it reinforces the fact that the rules change every few months and its maybe just easier to avoid los.

signed - disgruntled uk :allright

The ed visa is a consideration for me at 46. I usually went on 6 month tourist visas, but the new rules are inconvenient as usual. Every time I formulate a plan the goal posts move. I had been thinking that to save me flying to the uk every 15 months after a tourist visa expired, at the cost of about £1500 to £2000, I could stay in cambo and stay every second month in los. I was going to fly in to los anyway, but its just that it reinforces the fact that the rules change every few months and its maybe just easier to avoid los.

signed - disgruntled uk :unsure:

Why wouldn't you just get a multi-Non-Imm O from Hull? I do not believe they restrict them to over 50s. Fly to Cambo....maybe 6500 baht if you book in advance.
Why wouldn't you just get a multi-Non-Imm O from Hull? I do not believe they restrict them to over 50s. Fly to Cambo....maybe 6500 baht if you book in advance.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I would still have to fly home every 15 months with a non Imm o from hull. Its the £1500 to £2000 cost thats bothering me. That would pay for a years rent. And also the futility of flying 14,000 miles in the one week. Not so worried about my carbon footprint but maybe the Thai authorities would waiver my need to fly home on environmental grounds :unsure:

I flew a couple of years ago from Bkk to PP for around 4500 bht. I could go that route. Its mainly the constant changing of rules and plans is off putting. In the meantime, nothing has changed in cambo.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I would still have to fly home every 15 months with a non Imm o from hull. Its the £1500 to £2000 cost thats bothering me. That would pay for a years rent. And also the futility of flying 14,000 miles in the one week. Not so worried about my carbon footprint but maybe the Thai authorities would waiver my need to fly home on environmental grounds :D

I flew a couple of years ago from Bkk to PP for around 4500 bht. I could go that route. Its mainly the constant changing of rules and plans is off putting. In the meantime, nothing has changed in cambo.

Excuse my being pedantic...... but presuming the costs for a single UK flight and 3 month visa runs is 1500-2k£ every 15 months.....if you cannot afford this... are you ready to be retired? I am afraid you need to accept 'change' in LOS, after all, the Government changes more often than the visa rules. Doesn't the recent change, namely the dropping of the 90/180 day rule, help many, bar those that live near a land border. It is surely the abuse of the 30 day visa waiver that has brought about these changes.

Will you be getting an ED visa then.... it is being well touted on this board!?

Edited by jacko
Excuse my being pedantic...... but presuming the costs for a single UK flight and 3 month visa runs is 1500-2k£ every 15 months.....if you cannot afford this... are you ready to be retired? I am afraid you need to accept 'change' in LOS, after all, the Government changes more often than the visa rules. Doesn't the recent change, namely the dropping of the 90/180 day rule, help many, bar those that live near a land border. It is surely the abuse of the 30 day visa waiver that has brought about these changes.

Will you be getting an ED visa then.... it is being well touted on this board!?

Was going to be on about 80k a month, but would be down during voids, so the flights every 15 months werent welcomed by me :D I could sell my properties one by one and the money would probably see me to senility. But apart from the dosh, its the flying in to possibly Hull, staying there a few days to get a visa and flying back to los. I hate the travelling bit about going to los 26 hours each way.

Ed visa would get me 3 years visa, but would have to attend school for lessons on Thai history and language. It would be interesting, but not three years worth of interesting. If I got stuck at anything, I could ask the font of all knowledge, BigD :D

Other option would be to buy a small business, but I looked at some and didnt find anything yet.

Or cambo. $280 a year for visa. No flights every year to the UK. Teach part time for something to do.

Was going to be on about 80k a month, but would be down during voids, so the flights every 15 months werent welcomed by me :eyecrazy I could sell my properties one by one and the money would probably see me to senility. But apart from the dosh, its the flying in to possibly Hull, staying there a few days to get a visa and flying back to los. I hate the travelling bit about going to los 26 hours each way.

Ed visa would get me 3 years visa, but would have to attend school for lessons on Thai history and language. It would be interesting, but not three years worth of interesting. If I got stuck at anything, I could ask the font of all knowledge, BigD :banghead

Other option would be to buy a small business, but I looked at some and didnt find anything yet.

Or cambo. $280 a year for visa. No flights every year to the UK. Teach part time for something to do.

Hull is easier than that.... mail it in, back in a few days. Or make an appointment, drop in, and have it in an hour!

80k/month isn't bad, pretty good if you live out in the sticks.

I live on about that and rent a house, own a motorbike and truck. Although I don't take my 2 trips/year to the UK from that money, and the medical and vehicle insurance due months can squeeze you.

Anyhow, it's just a stop gap for 4 years until you qualify for the retirement visa.... doable!