Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

To BKK from Manchester with Etihad

Hi

I can't seem to get a flight to BKK from Manchester in February for less than £650.

I usually pay £500-£550 but at the moment there is no fluctuating.

I understand that Ethad are honouring the tickets of passengers not able to go due to the recent seige so at the moment prices are high.

Any ideas/advice

cheers

I've been fishing around for a 11th February flight returning 11 March Manchester Bangkok. Looked at Opodo, Expedia, Lastminute, Etihad direct, Thomas Cook. Found some offers at around £580 - £600 but with long waits at intermediate airports or early flights ex MAN (involving me in an expensive taxi trip rather than the train). In the end I settled for £641 with Emirates via Opodo. Recent trips have been £500 - £550 with Etihad, who seem not to be cheap anymore.

Prices might come down in the New Year, but maybe they will be higher due to the plunging pound. Who Knows ?.

qatar airlines have offer on the other week i looked to go from the 1st of march till the end of march they where quoting £406return mornuing flight out 2 stop over gets u in to bkk for about 7.30am then a night flight back to manchester with a 3 hour stop over on the way back.

they have speacial offers on now from £400 from manchester just go to

http://www.qatarairways.com/uk/en/special-...manchester.html

Thunder - Best I could find around my dates was £655 from Manchester. Maybe cheaper towards the end of the months, but I have to go around 11th Feb. Anyway I will remember to check Qatar in future - its another possibility.

Don't panic (and certainly don't pay 600 +) re Etihad re Feb or March.

For feb check westeast travel and travel supermarket, start 3rd week in January.

(Travel supermarket doesn't pull westeast travel so do seperately)

You'll pick Etihad for around 460 tops and Qatar will be likewise or less.

Emirates rarely come out less than 600 these days it appears.

I have flown with Etihad from Manchester and Birmingham , i found that flying from Birmingham is cheaper.. also less hassle and smaller cues for check in

I'm not surprised they had smaller queues for check-in since they don't fly from BHX.

Don't panic (and certainly don't pay 600 +) re Etihad re Feb or March.

For feb check westeast travel and travel supermarket, start 3rd week in January.

(Travel supermarket doesn't pull westeast travel so do seperately)

You'll pick Etihad for around 460 tops and Qatar will be likewise or less.

Why wait until the 3rd week in January? :D Book it today through Airline Network (Netflights).

Why wait until the 3rd week in January? <grin Book it today through Airline Network (Netflights).

Because smart arse when the OP made his enquiry and as I suspect you well know, the prices were substantially more.

Edited by Chivas