Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Gents,

Although not really a cheap Charlie, (well OK, just a little bit) I am on a well tight budget this year mainly because of the falling exchange rate. I need to save as much as I can to spend on R&R

I would like to return back to the Areca. Can anyone recommend which site is best to book it on. I'm looking for two rooms for 21 nights in April after Songkran. The Areca's own site quote 1200 for standard room, can't seem to get a better deal on a number of the usual hotel booking sites. I'm sure we paid 1,000 last year.

Any recommendations?

Also anyone know if the building works are near completion around the Areca? Might even consider staying somewhere else this year.

Edited by rascall

Firstly ask about monthly rates as often you'll find a break even point which is around the 20 days mark at the daily rate. That gives you some great bargaining ammunition. Ask for weekly rates as well.

Armed with that information, hit the usual suspects online like www.sawadee.com etc. and whoever you see coming up on google. Areca may be on some of the places like www.thaihotediscounts.com or www.ratestogo.com or www.agoda.com I don't know. Personally I don't think it is worth BT1300 or so a night but is probably worth 20k or a bit more per month.

If you use the pool all day and the gym (free weights) and want guaranteed parking for your car or bike

and can eat like me at the breakfast buffet, then the Areca isn't a bad choice.

However,most people only use the room so could save 700 baht a night by booking a quality guesthouse.

agoda.com quoting ฿1,119 for 21 days following Songkran.

If all else fails, email them direct. I did this a few months ago and was quoted rates less than I could find on the hotel sites.

I don't use Areca anymore as I'm happy with an apartment type accommodation uder 1000b but at 1120b per night and IF you use teh facilities (and brekkie) that Areca provide, I reckon thats ok really. Once you factor in the price of a breakfast your hitting 1000b for the room + facilities. :thumbup