Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Available from whom? Latestays offers agents rates which are lower than the hotels own discounted rate based simply on the amount of business they do. And you're suggesting that the GM is going to be impressed with your 3 week stay and undercut his existing multi-million dollar contracts? Didn't you also have fanciful notions about getting BMs deep discounts on Thai Airways at one point? How did that turn out?

/quote]

With just a little bit of digging, I've been quoted a rate of 4K per night. So far, I've beat latestays and their according to you "multi-million dollar contracts" by 641 Baht per night.

The Thai Air deal it didn't work out. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

With just a little bit of digging, I've been quoted a rate of 4K per night. So far, I've beat latestays and their according to you "multi-million dollar contracts" by 641 Baht per night.

You were over quoted, I just got a price of 2500 BHT a night from the head reservation clerk, for a stay of 7 nights, beat you by 1500 BHT! :allright

4K for what? :allright

Are you going to share the details with the other BMs?

Edited by CheshireTom
4K for what?

Are you going to share the details with the other BMs?

Marriott Royal Garden, Pattaya. One night stay for 4K.

The Marriott Royal Garden ceased to be many years ago. It's called the Marriott Resort and Spa these days. :beer

So what? It's commonly referred to as the Marriott Royal Garden. I still was quoted a reduced price off of latestays.com lowest price. :D

So what? It's commonly referred to as the Marriott Royal Garden. I still was quoted a reduced price off of latestays.com lowest price. :beer

Share the details with the other boardies. The general manager's e-mail address would be helpful starting point for other boardies wanting to repeat the deal.

Share the details with the other boardies. The general manager's e-mail address would be helpful starting point for other boardies wanting to repeat the deal.

Be glad to and no need to for the GM's email. Go to www.marriott.com and book it for 4K per night a 641 Baht savings from latestays.com lowest rate. Easy 641 Baht per night savings. :banghead If I was interested in booking the Royal Garden Marriott or other 4 or 5 star properties in Pattaya. I'd take the time and effort to find the GM's email but since I'm not. I'll leave that up to other's on this forum.

Be glad to and no need to for the GM's email. Go to www.marriott.com and book it for 4K per night a 641 Baht savings from latestays.com lowest rate. Easy 641 Baht per night savings. :D If I was interested in booking the Royal Garden Marriott or other 4 or 5 star properties in Pattaya. I'd take the time and effort to find the GM's email but since I'm not. I'll leave that up to other's on this forum.

In other words you weren't offered any discount at all on the hotel's rates by the GM, nor did you undercut the rate available through travel agents. :banghead

What you did get was the hotel's advance purchase rate - which isn't comparable to latestays (a last minute booking site) but is availalble on Agoda, amongst other agents. So you didn't save anything at all.

Edited by CheshireTom
In other words you weren't offered any discount at all on the hotel's rates by the GM, nor did you undercut the rate available through travel agents. :D

What you did get was the hotel's advance purchase rate - which isn't comparable to latestays (a last minute booking site) but is availalble on Agoda, amongst other agents. So you didn't save anything at all.

LMAO in other words I told you I wasn't going to dig around and find the GM's email because I'm not looking to book but I did beat latestays with their how did you phrase it? Multi-million contracts. Yes I did save 641 Baht off of latestays best rate. ;)

LMAO in other words I told you I wasn't going to dig around and find the GM's email because I'm not looking to book but I did beat latestays with their how did you phrase it? Multi-million contracts. Yes I did save 641 Baht off of latestays best rate. :D

You didn't beat latestays, a last-minute booking agency, because you can't book the room for tomorrow, or even next week, at 4k. Your claim is that by contacting the GM direct you can achieve significant discounts on the lowest advertised price. You have beaten neither the rate freely availalble to anyone directly from the hotel or through booking agents. Your contact the GMs of five hotels directly nonsense is exactly that and piss poor advice to any newbies who are BMs.

You didn't beat latestays, a last-minute booking agency, because you can't book the room for tomorrow, or even next week, at 4k. Your claim is that by contacting the GM direct you can achieve significant discounts on the lowest advertised price. You have beaten neither the rate freely availalble to anyone directly from the hotel or through booking agents. Your contact the GMs of five hotels directly nonsense is exactly that and piss poor advice to any newbies who are BMs.

Poor tommie's mad that I found a way to get discounted hotel rooms in the OFF SEASON. I was quoted a rate of 4K on the Marriott.com site with very little digging around for a one night stay in June. I saved 641 Baht off of latestays best rate. :D

Poor tommie's mad that I found a way to get discounted hotel rooms in the OFF SEASON. I was quoted a rate of 4K on the Marriott.com site with very little digging around for a one night stay in June. I saved 641 Baht off of latestays best rate. ;)

All you did was discover, after all this time, that booking directly with the hotel is often cheaper than going through an agent. It speaks volumes about your so-called advice that you have just discovered that. In the case of the Sheraton, Marriott and Holiday Inn their cheapest advertised discount rates are all advance purchase which are available online to all and sundry as is the Royal Cliff clearance rate. All of those hotels can be booked though their reservations staff CRS. Contrary to what you claim, the further discount that you have been able to achieve on any of those freely-available, advertised rates is zero, nada, zilch.

One has to assume that your oft repeated "contact five GMs" advice was no more than another Walter Mitty moment. :D I think we can safely file that under the Cambridge Chronicles. :rolleyes:

Edited by CheshireTom
All you did was discover, after all this time, that booking directly with the hotel is often cheaper than going through an agent. It speaks volumes about your so-called advice that you have just discovered that. In the case of the Sheraton, Marriott and Holiday Inn their cheapest advertised discount rates are all advance purchase which are available online to all and sundry as is the Royal Cliff clearance rate. All of those hotels can be booked though their reservations staff CRS. Contrary to what you claim, the further discount that you have been able to achieve on any of those freely-available, advertised rates is zero, nada, zilch.

One has to assume that your oft repeated "contact five GMs" advice was no more than another Walter Mitty moment. :D I think we can safely file that under the Cambridge Chronicles. :rolleyes:

Gotta laugh at tommie once again. I told you from the beginning of my responses to you that I wasn't going to dig up the email of GM. But I did manage with just a little bit of digging to beat latestays with their as you put multi-million contract :beer . I did save 641 Baht over their best rate for one night. BTW I enjoyed my stay at Cambridge. ;)

Gotta laugh at tommie once again. I told you from the beginning of my responses to you that I wasn't going to dig up the email of GM. But I did manage with just a little bit of digging to beat latestays with their as you put multi-million contract :bj2 . I did save 641 Baht over their best rate for one night. BTW I enjoyed my stay at Cambridge. :beer

LOL. Caught out bullshitting yet again. :D

It's no wonder that The Alamo Hotel walked off with the Prize of Pattaya's Least Successful Business Venture. :rolleyes:

Edited by CheshireTom
LOL. Caught out bullshitting yet again. :beer

It's no wonder that The Alamo Hotel walked off with the Prize of Pattaya's Least Successful Business Venture. :rolleyes:

I still saved 641 Baht when I beat latestays best discounted rate. :bj2