Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Bali Hai Pier "Longest New Year celebration in Thailand"

hey guys, been looking for stuff thats happening over new year/xmas and found this on a site.

"Pattaya, the City that never sleeps, is preparing the longest New Year celebration in Thailand.

The event will happen at Bali Hai Pier, South Pattaya, daily from 18:00-01:00, from December 25th until December 31st, 2010."Is this a annual thing the bar does? just curious, if its any good thats all, as i cant find too much info at the places in Pattaya for parties and such over the 2 big days.?

thanks

Mick

hey guys, been looking for stuff thats happening over new year/xmas and found this on a site.

"Pattaya, the City that never sleeps, is preparing the longest New Year celebration in Thailand.

The event will happen at Bali Hai Pier, South Pattaya, daily from 18:00-01:00, from December 25th until December 31st, 2010."Is this a annual thing the bar does? just curious, if its any good thats all, as i cant find too much info at the places in Pattaya for parties and such over the 2 big days.?

thanks

Mick

It was a great event last year, looking forward for New Years Eve at the pier :whistling:

Link Pattaya One

thanks

Mick

Mick

Bali Hai Pier is not a bar. It is a relatively large public area at the south end oh Walking Street, which the city authorities use for celebrating events and festivals such as New Year, Chinese New Year, etc. The festivities will often include livebands, fireworks etc.

As far as parties on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve are concerned, most bars will have some sort of party on these days, I've already seen things mentioned for FLB and Secrets, but a lot of bars will not advertise until nearer the time. It will be much easier to suss out these things when you arrive in town and find the bars that you enjoy spending time at.

Cheers

Tallguy

Locally the event is referred to as "Countdown" ... ie the countdown to New Year.

The whole event is organised by City Hall (Pattaya City Council) with sponsorship from various organisations around Pattaya.

There is no bar that I know of that has any involvement with the organisation or sponsorship (correct me if Im wrong here)

The pier area is the local port for vaious fishing and tour vessels along with the ferry services to Koh Larn.

The pier itself is a government owned area (as opposed to the private facility at Ocean Marina - about 10-15km south). As correctly stated it is one of Pattaya's more common venues for celebrations and the fireworks display is usually quite good. Last year there was a world record attempt for the largest firework - unfortunately there were some problems and instead of breaking a record they broke some other things (and set fire to a few areas) in the process. I wouldn't be surprised to see another attempt again this year though I have no official knowledge of such an attempt.

The pier is located at the southern end of Walking St and is a 5 - 10 minute walk from FLB.

There is a small bar at the office area of the pier and many stalls will be selling alcohol and food during the festive season this year. I have a boat moored at Pier E (furthest pier out), 75 foot, 3 decks, 27 tonne and operate the ONLY fully licensed bar on a moving boat in the area. We're quite busy duiring this period but I'm planning on being open many nights for a few hours, if I don't fall asleep from exhaustion because of our schedule. Drop in and say HI - everyone is welcome (well mostly everyone LOL).

We are already fully booked for New Years Eve and I'll post the pictures from the fireworks and celebrations on our Facebook page as we go along. We have the best vantage point in Pattaya without doubt.

Cheers :rolleyes:: Admiral Ken