Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Airport checkpoint and private taxis

Anyone know if the police at the airport checkpoint, just before the departure drop-off, are still stopping private taxis if they have farang passengers on board? This happened to me last year, just before the red shirt trouble kicked off. I found it a little unsettling, especially as the policeman had quite a go at my driver and confiscated his licence. My driver said he would have to pay a fine later (official or unofficial, I don't know). Gave him a bigger tip, as I know they don't see much of the full fare. Booked this driver through Mr Toom.

Doodle

I departed from Swampy on Friday night 11th February, there was a checkpoint set up just before the right turn in the departure drop off point. They seemed to just be stopping mini-vans, only half the road was blocked off creating some traffic backing up.

I arrived in a normal Bangkok taxi and the driver just used the right hand side of the road, which meant crossing the inside road once dropped off, not a problem really. We were not stopped or flagged down.

They must have just re-instated this because of the yellow shits etc etc. No sign of it last month.

Regards

No problems for me a few weeks back, but as mentioned there has been an escalation in security.