Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

what to do with qatar award miles?

Hi,just been informed I will lose 29 thousand award miles if I dont use them by start of new year.despite having over 130 000 I have never been able to book a suitable flight to los with them that suited me, all that were available had long layovers or obscure times,in fact they changed their timings from manchester a few years ago and I started using etihad as it suited me better,till they dropped their baggage allowance.Already booked with emirates later this month for a 6 month trip 30kg baggage no problem.can the qatar miles they be used on any local trips within asia or exchanged for goods etc

Edited by valkyrie

Hi,just been informed I will lose 29 thousand award miles if I dont use them by start of new year.despite having over 130 000 I have never been able to book a suitable flight to los with them that suited me, all that were available had long layovers or obscure times,in fact they changed their timings from manchester a few years ago and I started using etihad as it suited me better,till they dropped their baggage allowance.Already booked with emirates later this month for a 6 month trip 30kg baggage no problem.can the qatar miles they be used on any local trips within asia or exchanged for goods etc

25k miles gets you a biz class return from BKK to either HCMC or Hanoi.

• 3 weeks later...