Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hi guys

After years of visiting the LOS twice a year, a job change has meant that when I visit in three weeks time it will have been two years since my last visit!  Damn my boss!!  :-)

Last time I was there, soi 13 was a massive building site.  Does anyone know what the current state is?  Has all the building finished?, and what was built.

I like to stay in this area as it's close to the action, and mainly stay at the AA.  I read in one of the hotel reviews for the AA that there is now another AA along the soi.  Is this what was built on the corner with 2nd road?  Has anyone stayed there?  

My first stay at the AA was on it's opening night and it was great then, but unfortunately, like so many hotels in LOS, it hasn't been maintained sufficiently and is now getting a bit tatty.  So if there is a new hotel, with similar rates, that will be the one to go for.

Any info would be appreciated so that I'm prepared on arrival after that long flight!

Cheers

CyberSpud

I guess since you were last there the new AA Residence has been built and opened and is now slowly and surely becoming a bit tattier by the day. It is still quite nice but noisy because they are just completing an even newer  apartment block next door to it. Opposite these two they were building something else last time I was there (june  2002). This is all halfway down the soi from the old AA. I stayed at the old AA last time but the noise from the piledrivers was pretty bad.

• 3 weeks later...

I stayed at the Haven on Soi 13 back in early July this year.  Comfy small hotel with emphasis on Golf.  Guest friendly, good food and not expensive, so I can recommend it.  Was a lot of building work going on hnearby though and that made it a tad too noisy for my liking.  

Thanks for the replies macca and RayW

I'm in Bangkok at the moment and will be going to Pattaya in the next day or two.  I'll probably give the AA residence a go first, and just hope that those bloody pile drivers have stopped!

Thanks

CyberSpud

Hey Cyber spud, just came back from the AA residence two days ago. No problems. The pool is a little noisy from tyhe construction but the rooms are quiet, especially if you have the air con on. If possible ask for a room towards the back. Ifyou get room 505 please look for my virginity,,, i can't seem to find it anywhere...LMAO. Cheers, B-Man!