Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Here's a batch of photographs from Klong Toey wet market in Bangkok,taken in July. I tried to post these earlier,but was inhibited by an unreliable internet connection so postponed the presentation.

I was in Bangkok for four days,and took the short taxi ride from Soi 4 each day to have a look around.On the first day I just mopped up whatever I saw,but on other days actually went looking for particular scenes.

To kick it off,I've resized fifty pictures from each days visit,and will present them accordingly rather than by subject or creature. I even dropped by on the morning of my departure,as it is only five minutes from Nana and was worth another look around.Much better than going to a temple.

Camera was a Canon 5d Mark 2. I started off using a 24-105 lens,but reverted to a 100mm macro. Long focal lengths are wasted here,as are slow focusing lenses. The market is busy,not tourist friendly,and you can't block the narrow aisles trying to get a good shot.

If you like them,please say so,as I can add plenty more.

I'll write about the market,and comment on my experience after loading up the pics.

I had no idea that Thais eat rats,or that frogs are so popular.

So,here's 250 photos then. I'll load in bundles of ten.

From Day One :

K001 copy.jpg

K002 copy.jpg

K003 copy.jpg

K004 copy.jpg

K005 copy.jpg

K006 copy.jpg

K007 copy.jpg

K008 copy.jpg

K009 copy.jpg

K010 copy.jpg