Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

hi all

im due for my second trip at 29 oct and i like the look of the arecalodge in soi dianna inn are they any reports from any members ?????

ive checked the reveiws but no reports

alternatively can anyone recommend a suitable place

all i want is a  

room safe

pool

500-1000 bht /night

usual aircon ,fridge,  tv,clean bedding

last time i stayed at the flipper

thanks for your help.........

Guest Fatboyfat

Gavo

There are quite a few reports on the Areca, but they are all over the place !

Use the "search" facility at the top and search all forums for Areca Lodge.

Word is generally good, but a bit pricey for what you get, but alledgedly rates fluctuate quite a lot with negotiation.

There's a small bit here... http://www.freelancerbar.com/cgi-bin/yabb/...;num=1061060226

I stayed at the Areca in December last year. I thought that it was a great hotel and they are guest friendly. The room I had was the double deluxe room that had a small balcony overlooking the swimming pool. The room was large and tastefully decorated. It had a large tv with good reception and plenty of sockets (unlike the Flipper Lodge). The bathroom was also large and very clean and had a tub with a shower. Very good water pressure! They don't have in-room safes but they do provide boxes in a locked room next to the reception desk.

Fresh fruit and newspapers everyday, the room service was prompt and the food was good. I never made it down to breakfast but there are enough places to eat when you do get up. I did have lunch at the restaurant there once and that was good too.

There is also a little beer bar complex on the way down to Second Road and a laundry directly opposite the hotel.

The worst part of staying at the Areca Lodge was trying to cross Second Road! In November, I'll be staying at the Penthouse (if they ever receive my fax!) because I want to have a hotel closer to the action, otherwise I would have no hesitation in staying there again.

See you at the FLB, have a fun and safe trip![smiley=cheers.gif]

Gavo,

For reviews go to the top of the page and open "Hotels', then open "Hotel Reviews", then "Pattaya Hotels" and you should finds some reviews of the Areca done by other boardmembers.

Your requirement for in room safe eliminates many fine places.

Emil