Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hotel-Review - Conrad Bangkok

The Conrad Bangkok is the second best hotel I have ever stayed at (The best being in a suite at The Hyatt Regency in Surabaya, Indonesia) I have stayed at the Conrad twice on the last two trips at 2 nights each time.

allseasonsplaceentrance.jpg

The hotel is situated in one of the towers of All Seasons Place which is halfway down Wireless Road. Wireless Road is a ten minute walk to the BTS Skytrain stop (only 1 stop to nana station or two stops to Asoke station) or a 20-25 minute walk to NanaPlaza if you have the energy and time. Wireless road is of course home to many embassies. In one of the towers at All Seasons Place is the New Zealand embassy and also down the road are the embassies of United States of America, Great Britain and Vietnam.

wirelessroad1.jpg

The Conrad hotel is a member of the Hilton group and you can earn hiltonhonours through staying at the Conrad Bangkok.

The lobby is very nicely appointed and there are two bars on the ground floor, a restaurant and ballroom on the first floor plus numerous meeting rooms.

The hotel lobby also connects to the shopping mall at All Seasons Place which has a nice mix of retail, food, a foodhall and a small supermarket. There are also ATM's there. I ate there several times instead of in the hotel.

I have only stayed in their standard guest rooms, both times on different sides of the tower block and both views were excellent.

The rooms are nicely decorated and even the small things have been thought of.

conrad_mainroom.jpg

Nice carpets, nice drapes, kingsize bed, quality furniture, office table, sofa area with coffee table etc.

conrad_kingsizebed.jpg

What I really, really like about the Conrad Bangkok is the bathrooms two main features. The first is the bathroom curtain. There is a electric curtain seperating the bathroom from the main bedroom. It is fun if you have a shy TG for a night and she runs off to the toilet and you push the button as she holds on to her dignity.

conrad_bedroom.jpg

The second feature is the shower. There is a regular shower or there is the rain shower. That is a shower that delivers water to your water/heating requirements through a water nozzle in the ceiling. As can be seen in the photos there is a very good bathtub and wellstocked vanity supplies.

conrad_bathroom.jpg

The Tv is of reasonable size and is placed in a nice cabinet which can be swivelled slightly. There is a volume control button in the bathroom, So that you sing in the shower if you put MTV on before hitting that wonderful rain shower.

There are three telephones in the room, 1 bedsaid one, 1 desk one and one in the bathroom. The desk one also has a attached high speed modem which you can use at 640 baht per 24 hour period of time. I used it once on my first trip but on my second trip I just dialed up loxinfo (after changing the telephone number on my settings from the Pattaya number to the Bangkok number) and it worked just fine at 56kps. There is a inroom electronic safe and normal extras to be found in five star accomodation. And if you forget to purchase on the way home Conrad Bangkok management have remembered you by placing strawberry flavoured durex in the refrigerator.

conradpool1.jpg

I made it down to the pool when I checked out and was disapointed that I hadn't made it down here previously. This was the nicest and biggest swimming pool that I had seen in any hotel in Thailand. And the setting was very much like in a resort. Lovely area to spend a afternoon in Bangkok drinking cool OJ'S away from the maddening crowds of the city.

conradpool2.jpg

If you want to book yourself a room here is the link.http://www.conradbangkok.com

They normally sell thier rooms through thier website at $US87.00 per night. I just had a look at their website and it appears the cheapest rate is now $US99.00 per night or $US109.00 incl breakfast. IM glad I got the oportunity to stay there when my wallet could afford thier great promo rates.

I am wondering if the Conrad is available by bid through Priceline - Hong Kong.  Perhaps the area is not listed as Sukhumvit.

SoCalGuy

SoCal,

When you quote on Priceline, you will not get a list of the hotels in th area you are searching for. Its a bid that could be accepted by any of the participating hotels. You are not guarenteed a stay in a hotel of your choice. You can only select an area, the type of hotel ( eg: five star, four star etc) and the price.

If you wish to choose the hotel you want to stay in you may want to check out www.Hotels.com  Though it is normally bit costlier than priceline, Hotels.com allows you to select a hotel of your choice - but them again it will not let you select your price.

You can choose between the two depending on your priorities.

Cheers

Ian

Thanks for the great review.  It brought back nice memories.  I stayed in the Conrad for two nights last month and it was fabulous...one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in.  It would cost at least three times the price in most other countries.  If the price stays good, I'll be back next time I'm in Bangkok.