Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Add Ons when Buying Bike

I walked into Mityon the other day just to check out some bikes. I am not sure I will get one, but this is how one starts. The visit generated some questions:

1) In addition to the bike price, the salesman had some add ons. Registration, ok. Government insurance? This is for...? And he also had some insurance offered by Mityon itself.

Anyone have any info or opinion on these?

2) They had a bike make called Sym. Apparently made in Taiwan. Any experience with these? I am not so keen on buying un-recognized makes, after an experience with a Chinese scooter. Cheap, but the biggest piece of crap I have ever bought.

Thanks.

When you buy a new bike , it is compulsory to

Register the bike to get your green log book about 1000 baht

Buy the tax and government insurance about 500 baht

Optional insurance they try to sell you is for theft only, they get a huge comission on this

My advice....get a Honda PCX or if you want smaller the Click 125 i

When you buy a new bike , it is compulsory to

Register the bike to get your green log book about 1000 baht

Buy the tax and government insurance about 500 baht

Optional insurance they try to sell you is for theft only, they get a huge comission on this

My advice....get a Honda PCX or if you want smaller the Click 125 i

Very good advice, those Syms and Lifans are terrible residual value of 10% a mate bought one second hand and could nit ride it!I pulled up to the shop and the guy said " do you want parts "

I would advise getting 3 rd party insurance, if you are involved in an accident they will fight your case ....or pay out which insurance companies don't like doing,,,,

Dont bother with the insurance they try to sell you, as said above its theft only. I took out cover for damage to other vehicles and also for passengers from the German Swiss group in Naklua road, Naklua. worth it for the peace of mind

Thanks...that clears up several questions but leaves a few.

1) What does this government insurance cover? Sounds like it is compulsory.

2) The salesman quoted more like 1000 for government insurance, as opposed to 500 suggested here. Was that simply his commission?

3) "I took out cover for damage to other vehicles and also for passengers from the German Swiss group in Naklua road, Naklua. worth it for the peace of mind"

- How much did this cost? Do you have government insurance also? And perhaps a narrower location or phone number for this agent?

Thanks...

Thanks...that clears up several questions but leaves a few.

1) What does this government insurance cover? Sounds like it is compulsory. Yes compulsory, covers third party up to about 15,000 baht in damages, price is between 300 -350 baht for a Honda Click 125cc

2) The salesman quoted more like 1000 for government insurance, as opposed to 500 suggested here. Was that simply his commission?

Add on the compulsory road tax which is 105 baht, plus approx 1000 baht for registering the bike

3) "I took out cover for damage to other vehicles and also for passengers from the German Swiss group in Naklua road, Naklua. worth it for the peace of mind"

- How much did this cost? Do you have government insurance also? And perhaps a narrower location or phone number for this agent?

Thanks...

The swiss german group insurance cost around 4,000 baht, but you can pick your level of cover. mine was around 5 million bHt for other vehicle damage and 2 mill for injuries as I recall, no access to policy at the moment.

They are in naklua road heading north from the dolphin they Re on the left side, very large signs, they are around soi 18 as I recall. In philippines for 3 months so no access to pApers but someone here will have their number.

I thought the third party cover was upto 50,000 baht, which is not enough. thats why I took the extra cover

• 2 weeks later...

I made a second foray into this possible venture the other day and discovered quite a price difference.

Mityon had quoted me 74900 for a PCX150, and an out of the door price of almost 80000

I stopped at a dealer on Sukhumvit, a smaller one. She quoted me 75000 for the bike and out the door price of just 76200. That is more in line with what people here have said.

Also, I was looking at a Honda website and discovered that they have many different flavors of the Click, each with a distinct model number. The specs were in Thai so I could not tell the difference, but I am sure they will be priced differently. So, when buying, make sure to compare prices on the same model. Pretty elementary, but I was not aware of so many different models.