Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Purchased ticket, now where to go?

I just purchased my ticket to Bangkok.  So, this trip is really going to happen now.  Now I just need to determine where best to go.  I had planned to stay at Centre Point in Bangkok as they have high speed/unlimited Internet access in-room which is VERY important to me.  But, maybe I should go to Pattaya?  Suggestions anyone?  Just make sure your suggestion include an apartment or hotel which also have high speed Internet in-room.

Bruce,

I honestly haven't a clue about where inroom high speed internet access is available.  It isn't an issue for me.

What I would suggest is that if this is your first trip to Thailand (as a mongering trip not business) you should go to Pattaya.  I find Bangkok much less friendly and more difficult to get around to the party sites.  In pattaya, in less than a day, you  will be comfortable with how to get from one end of the action to the other for the price of a 25 cent baht bus ride.  Pattaya is clearly an easier place to learn the ropes regarding Thai nitelife, IMO.

Hopefully, someone else can aid you in your quest for inroom internet service in Pattaya.  

Have fun.

PS - why DO you need internet in the room?  :(

Thanks JimmyBcool for your excellent input.  I will indeed look into Pattaya as a strong possibility now.  To answer your question about why I need Internet...I run some businesses online--I make 100% of my income from running online businesses.  As such, I can work anywhere in the world as long as I have a good Internet connection.  I recently closed my 3,000 square foot studio and sold everything so I can start doing some traveling.  So, I'm hoping to be able to continue to get some work done while I'm in Thailand.

Fair enough.  I wish I could say but my only internet needs are email.   You might have to use a high end hotel to get this.  Or, you might get lucky and talk a hotel into getting it just for you.

Or, maybe if you find a good internet cafe with hs you can bargain for a good rate.

In any case, I bet you love Thailand.

Good luck.