Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

The Pattaya Drought.

Sat wetting myself on the inside as the sun sets before me the village loudspeaker fired up and gave us a little musical rendition, a precursor to the usual announcements or propaganda.

The wfiey's ears pricked up and she took note.

Apparently the lake is low and our water supply is to become rationed to 3 hours in the morning and 4 in the evening.

I had noticed a few outages in the last couple of weeks, one of them caught me out as I watered the garden and turned off the last sprinkler to an empty tank........ a tank that gets me through most outages unless I stupidly don't verify incoming supply before I water the garden.

I think my water comes from a different place than Pattaya proper, I am out on the north side half way between Pattaya and Laem Chabang. So anybody taken a look at Mabprachan lately? I don't see Pattaya losing water, being a priority for tourism, I have never know the soapies close.. :D But here comes Songkran, when water is wasted to the tune of a few lakes, and rain isn't expected until after then.

Edited by jacko

Sat wetting myself on the inside as the sun sets before me the village loudspeaker fired up and gave us a little musical rendition, a precursor to the usual announcements or propaganda.

Apparently the lake is low and our water supply is to become rationed to 3 hours in the morning and 4 in the evening.

I had noticed a few outages in the last couple of weeks, one of them caught me out as I watered the garden and turned off the last sprinkler to an empty tank........ a tank that gets me through most outages unless I stupidly don't verify incoming supply before I water the garden.

I think my water comes from a different place than Pattaya proper, I am out on the north side half way between Pattaya and Laem Chabang. So anybody taken a look at Mabprachan lately? I don't see Pattaya losing water, being a priority for tourism, I have never know the soapies close.. :D But here comes Songkran, when water is wasted to the tune of a few lakes, and rain isn't expected until after then.

There was a situation a few years ago when the soapies were having to truck in water. Many of the girls left to work elsewhere because of the (poor) quality of the water.

I drove past the lake yesterday and didnt notice anything different to normal other than quite a few people fishing

Kind of typical, it isn't that many months ago that I was pumping out my seep-aways as my garden was waterlogged.

I shall have to do some research and find out where my water comes from.

Funny really, the morning after the announcement my water bill arrived....... fortunately they haven't started the rationing schedule yet.

Edited by jacko