Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Job Interview.

IRISH JOB INTERVIEW

Mick had applied for a fermentation operator post, at a famous Irish firm, based in Dublin.

A Pole applied for the same job and since both applicants had similar qualifications, they were asked to take a test by the Manager.

When the results were in, both men had scored 19 out of 20.

The manager went to Mick and said, "Thank you for coming to the interview, but we’ve decided to give the Polish man the job."

Mick said, "And why would you be doing that?

We both got 19 questions correct."

"This being Ireland and me being Irish, surely I should get the job."

The Manager said, "We have made our decision not on the correct answers, but on the question you got wrong."

Mick exclaimed, "And just how would one incorrect answer be better than another?"

Manager, "Simple. On question number 7 the Pole wrote down, 'I don’t know.'

You put down,

“Neither do I

Edited by atlas2
  • Upvote 1

Close to 40 years ago I made my first trip to Hong Kong. I was working for a British company at the time. Some of the "local" Brits took me out for a night on the town. At some point we were at a hotel or something watching a comedy show. A British comedian telling jokes, seemingly half of them putting down the Irish the way we Americans were at the time were beginning to tell "Polock jokes". One commented "Why would anyone put down Polocks when you can deride the Irish?

You have just stoned two birds with one stone! Great joke.