Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I need to get a new pair of spectacles and frames at my next trip in a few weeks time. They usually are much cheaper in Thailand then back at home in UK. There are lots of Opticians in Pattaya and I was just wondering if anyone had any strong recommendations.

Was also wondering whether it is better to get an eye test in London and bring the prescription out with me, or get the whole thing done in Thailand.

My final question is about those darling looking girls in the white suits that work in Opticians. Has anyone had any luck with them or is this a no no?

• Downvote 1

I'd get my eyes examined in my home country. I trust my eye doc and her US med school training.

Edited by BigDUSA

Eye test UK and get prescription. Order off the internet leaving 2 weeks for your newly prescribed glasses to be made and delivered to your home address. Try Spex4less Www.Spex4less.Com and Glasses2you. I recommend both and you will save a small fortune on Thai or UK prices.

Posted from my phone using predictive text, please excuse any spelling or grammatical errors.

Eye test UK and get prescription. Order off the internet leaving 2 weeks for your newly prescribed glasses to be made and delivered to your home address. Try Spex4less Www.Spex4less.Com and Glasses2you. I recommend both and you will save a small fortune on Thai or UK prices.

Posted from my phone using predictive text, please excuse any spelling or grammatical errors.

Wow, I have just visited this site. Looks much more cheaper. I wonder if they really will give you a refund if you dont like them after they have made them up for you. Worth a gamble I think. Thanks again for the tip Severn.

Rascall

Wow, I have just visited this site. Looks much more cheaper. I wonder if they really will give you a refund if you dont like them after they have made them up for you. Worth a gamble I think. Thanks again for the tip Severn.

Rascall

Both sites have QUALITY prescription glasses as cheap as £20 and will even make them as sunglasses. At that price I carry a spare set and keep a distance pair in my car dashboard. I have used and recommend both suppliers.

I can fully recommended first optic as mentioned before, he has prescription glasses starting from 450 thb (including prescription single vision lenses) he has a good range of frames at all price levels ( not high) and the full choice of lenses. He's a really nice guy and will not try and Upsell at all, the opposite in fact. Any issues with the glasses will be fixed free of charge.

- First Optic, on 2nd Rd Soi 16 near 3rd Rd (here)

Is that not Soi 17?

Is that not Soi 17?

No, but many people make confusion between So is 16 & 17 ;)

224.jpg

Soi 16 starts at Second Rd opposite Soi Diamond

225.jpg

Soi 17 starts at Second Rd at VC hotel.

:)

No, but many people make confusion between So is 16 & 17 ;)

Yes many do, see the Darling Massage thread? I wonder how that happened?

:D

Soi17.jpg

First optic

http://goo.gl/maps/bvmZt

45e684207a0a609d0e87774c7bf73c22.jpg

Head south on 3rd Road crossing pattaya Tai, passing Tonys Gym on your left, proceed and take the 1st right turn ( this is a cut-through about 200 metres before the traffic lights) proceed and you will see first optic in front of you.

Alternatively carry on to the traffic lights (wait an eternity) turn right, first optic is down on your left.

Hope this helps

Edited by 0kitsme
  • 1 month later...