Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Airline Seating Plans

Below is a link to most of the major airlines' seating plans as opposed to just seat pitch.  The plans are an invaluable aid in ensuring that your 12 hours + spent in an aluminium tube are as comfortable as possible.

http://www.uk-air.net/seatplan.htm

Tom

p.s.  Crackpot,  What's happened to Thai Travel?  It seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

CHESHIRE TOM ,

GREAT INFORMATION THERE TOM , I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THESE SEATING PLANS FOR A LONG TIME NOW . IF I EVER CATCH UP WITH YOU IN FLB , THEN I WILL BUY YOU A FEW BEERS . I WILL BE IN PATTAYA FROM 15/12/2003 UNTILL 11/01/2004 .

KIND REGARDS ,

GAZZO .

p.s.  Crackpot,  What's happened to Thai Travel?  It seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

Well the problem is, my medical situation at present :-[

I was supposed to have a meeting last week to finalise my ATOL Licence, but I just couldnt make it and it has been postponed untill next year.

At present I am still employed by my last company, working from home via several computers, but that wont continue for much longer, as I am unable to travel anywhere at the moment.

Technically I am now officially disabled. I will have to wait untill I see whats happening with my back before I make any further decisions as to my future.

Looks like I can get nearly 1K a month if I accept all the benefits that I'm entitled to, but again Ive got to wait and see how the back settles down.

Anyway I'm getting a little attached to my corset now and am wondering if they do one with suspenders ?

Now theres a thought eh ??

I'm out on Eva deluxe in January, been told by Eva that this is now a 747-400 on the day I'm flying. For the return flight it is still a combi, so I guess that after January 1st, half the flights will be 747-4 and half the Combi. Returning on 27D but out not quite sure as they have to wait until check in for babies etc, although the Eva girl was very helpful and put a memo in for ex-legroom.

Rgds

Gus,

From what I understand the Thu and Sat flights will be operated by 747-400 in a full pax configuration.  The remaining days, (Tue, Wed and Sun) will be operated by 747-400 Combi.  Now, if they just routed one into Manchester ....... :-/

There are two full pax configurations that EVA use on their 747s - a 368 and a 386 configuration.  The layout in Evergreen Deluxe is totally different between the two configurations.  I will find out what configuration they propose to use on the LHR route and let you know.

I've got to agree with you about their reservations staff.  I've always found them to be extremely helpful compared to some of the more illustrious airlines.

Regards,

Tom

Crackpot,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.  I was looking forward to my Evergreen Deluxe tickets at £400 a time .........  ;)

Gus,

I spoke to EVA today.  They will use both versions of the 777-400 (368 and 386 seat configuration) which will make getting rows 26 or 27 a bit of a lottery on the Thu and Sat flights.  Thanks for the heads-up anyway.

Tom

Can anyone tell me where I can get a seat map for China Air on their AMS - BKK route . I can't seem to find anything on the net .

Cheers ,

Derek

Tom, Many thanks for that extra info, if I hear anything else I'll post the info.

I booked with Ourstravel in August and I still haven't paid a penny yet!, and Ours have obviously booked me on the flight with Eva, thanks to FBF for that little gem.

Rgds

Tom, Many thanks for that extra info, if I hear anything else I'll post the info.

I booked with Ourstravel in August and I still haven't paid a penny yet!, and Ours have obviously booked me on the flight with Eva, thanks to FBF for that little gem.

Rgds

Gus, if you havent paid a penny yet and havent got your ticket I would be starting to worry a little.

Have they given you a PNR number or computer reservation number ?

Guest Fatboyfat
Gus, if you havent paid a penny yet and havent got your ticket I would be starting to worry a little.

Have they given you a PNR number or computer reservation number ?

You only ever pay two weeks before outbound flight with Ours, and never have to pay deposit. Have been using, and arranging for others with them for over three years, with not one complaint. I would not be worrying one iota!

Fatboyfat,

What class does Ours book you under if you are travelling Evergreen Deluxe?  Is it the normal L class ticket?  

I had always assumed that they issued some sort of group ticket (same as Kuoni etc) and therefore you could not book your seats in advance and no airmiles would be accumulated.  Gus's post seems to indicate this is not the case and that you get your individual PNR at the time of booking - if that's the case it seems an exceptional deal since the cheapest tickets at the moment from agents such as Airline Network etc for travel in March require immediate payment and ticketing.

Thanks for the pointer - I'll give them a ring next week to see what they can do on my next trip.

Regards,

Tom

Tom - Ours Travel booked me a class L ticket when I booked in August for a flight in January. I paid up front because I will not be at my home address 2 weeks before the flight, I will be having Christmas with relatives but as yet we haven't decided who is going to be host so I don't know what address I will be at.  They were most surprised that I wanted to do this, but they complied and the ticket arrived the following day.

stevoh.

You only ever pay two weeks before outbound flight with Ours, and never have to pay deposit. Have been using, and arranging for others with them for over three years, with not one complaint. I would not be worrying one iota!

I know some agencies dont send out tickets, as it saves them from having to re-issue or send out and changes, thats why I asked if he had a PNR or Locator number.

Whenever I book and pay I always ask for the tickets straight away.

I had a situation once where I didnt worry about the tickets and a week before departure called the consolidator about them and was told they had been

sent several weeks  before, but I hadnt received them..

stevoh,

Thanks for that.  I've been using Trailfinders in Manchester for the last 18 months or so because they were the only agent I could find at the time who knew how to handle the bookings to upgrade to Evergreen Deluxe, at the point of booking, using FF miles.  The trouble is, like most of the main agents, you just get used to dealing with one sales agent and they seem to disappear so it may be worth giving Ours a try in that respect.

Regards,

Tom

Guest Fatboyfat
Fatboyfat,

What class does Ours book you under if you are travelling Evergreen Deluxe?  Is it the normal L class ticket?  

I had always assumed that they issued some sort of group ticket (same as Kuoni etc) and therefore you could not book your seats in advance and no airmiles would be accumulated.  Gus's post seems to indicate this is not the case and that you get your individual PNR at the time of booking - if that's the case it seems an exceptional deal since the cheapest tickets at the moment from agents such as Airline Network etc for travel in March require immediate payment and ticketing.

Thanks for the pointer - I'll give them a ring next week to see what they can do on my next trip.

Regards,

Tom

Tom

More or less as Gus has posted. Always book Evergreen Deluxe and is nearly always L class, but I did have one that was booked as "V". Absolutely no difference to air miles or anything else though (Although I think that may have been one of the flights where I got a buckshee bump up to full biz  ;)). No problems with the "earnt" upgrades either. I suppose the best thing to do with those is to book cattle class, and then upgrade to Deluxe (as there is very little difference between evergreen deluxe and the full buisness class), but I never do ! ???

The only thing I find with Ours, is that you have talk/listen in English much the same way as you would be doing with most Asians. They all speak English well, but the accent sometimes loses people.