Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Check out  www.priceline.com  find the cheapest price for the dates you want on the web and start your bidding about 45% below the asking price. I've used them for hotels and have gotton great buys.

Another source (frequently mentioned on this board) - Angel Travel  They are ticket consolidators, and can easily beat the $1500 price you mentioned.

http://www.angeltravel.com/

I also checked NW direct (www.nwa.com) and you can get the flight for $1055.

Zeus

Check out  www.priceline.com  find the cheapest price for the dates you want on the web and start your bidding about 45% below the asking price. I've used them for hotels and have gotton great buys.

Priceline is a bid and purchase system, you just give them the day to fly over and the day to fly back. They pick flight times, routes, and trip length. You may even wind up staying overnight waiting for flights are with 12 plus hours between connections. Priceline would not be a option I would use.

Another source (frequently mentioned on this board) - Angel Travel  They are ticket consolidators, and can easily beat the $1500 price you mentioned.

http://www.angeltravel.com/

I also checked NW direct (www.nwa.com) and you can get the flight for $1055.

Zeus

The phone number for Angel travel is US 800-922-1092 or 708-532-4500, the person to speak to is Ann Taphanand she owns the place. Also her best price is not always her lowest, last year I told her two tickets were to high and she rebated back by check about

$150 dollars. Have used her for a few trips never any problems.

NWA does have some great deals now. The only down fall is one flight NRT to BKK each day gets in at 11:35pm and one flight back leaves around 6:15am.

I was under the impression that most major carriers had only 1 flight out a day.

The US carriers have one flight but international have many more; Eva, CP, etc. Also the International carriers have many partners who co-share so many more choices.  I don't need to even add that Thai Air has many flights.

c130nav,

United.com has a flight listed for $1028.90. My friend got his for about the same time for $860 but he booked about 60 days in advance of his flight.

Jim

Hey C130,

Check this out. I posted in another thread but copying here for your ref:

You can get a ticket for about $150 return to NY and from there you could use this option. This is as advertised by Cathay.

Fly roundtrip from Los Angeles, San Francisco or New York to Bangkok starting at just $549*, not including taxes and fees. And if you wish, you can stopover in Hong Kong in either direction at no additional charge (taxes and fees apply). This offer is only available for purchase online at www.cathay-usa.com/dotm between August 1, 2003 and August 29, 2003, 11:59pm Eastern Time (or until deemed sold out) for travel completed between September 15, 2003 and November 30, 2003, inclusive. Other restrictions apply. To get full offer details, terms and conditions, go to www.cathay-usa.com/dotm.  

*Note: The Deal of the Month fares are not available on other Cathay Pacific online booking engines except the Deal of the Month website at www.cathay-usa.com/dotm. Deal of the Month fares do not qualify for any frequent flyer offer. Fare does not include taxes and fees ranging from $60.90-83.00 per person. See website for full details.